HAI announces availability of the Omnistat2 RC-1000 thermostat

Looking into the possibilities!

Spanky: I just purchased one of these and there is very little info on connections for automation. I would like to connect it to the ELK but looking in the ELK manual for the M1XSP it only gives instructions for connecting the OMNI 1 thermostat which uses a special 4 pin communcation connector. The new Omni 2 thermostat just has a numbered terminal block and the installation instructions for the Omni 2 only give hookup information for connecting to the HAI Omni controllers. Can you provide any details on how to connect the Omni 2 thermostat to the ELK?

The new Omni 2 thermostat just has a numbered terminal block and the installation instructions for the Omni 2 only give hookup information for connecting to the HAI Omni controllers. Can you provide any details on how to connect the Omni 2 thermostat to the ELK?

The Omni 2 has 4 screw terminals used for serial communications. From memory I believe they are labeled as Yellow, Green, Black, and N/C.
Remove the wire jumper that is installed between the Black and N/C terminals.
Connect the White wire from the M1XSP's supplied cable (W037A) to the Omni2's Yellow terminal.
Connect the Green wire from the M1XSP's supplied cable (W037A) to the Omni2's Green terminal.
Connect the RED wire from the M1XSP's supplied cable (W037A) to the Omni2's Black terminal.
Connect the Black wire from the M1XSP's supplied cable (W037A) to the Omni2's N/C terminal.

Set the Omni2's to serial and system baud to 300.

Back