HAI as doorbell

programmergeek

Wireing a new house with a HAI system is there any issue just wiring the doorbell to a zone and having a announcement through the house?

I would think not but before I finish the wireing diagram I just wnat to be sure. This is nice also because it can log and tak a pic when someone is at your door.

I use mine in a similar fashion
1 - Doorbell is defined as a zone in my Omni Pro II
2 - creates a series of events (one of them being a picture capture)

PeteC

Do you have a distributed audio system? Some systems allow an announcement, bell, ding, recorded .wav file, etc, through the DA speakers.

Viking has a variety of doorbell products.

I need to put that in that is next. I have a HAI just not sure if I go witht he HAI system or runsound system. I have about 6 zonesI want to use.

I have the audio which comes with HAI but utilize the TTS audio from my Homeseer system. The audio from the HS system is distributed to 8 pairs of stereo speakers thruout the home and uses AB8SS to switch sources and speakers via RS-232. Announcements are a bit of a hot topic relating to WAF (wife acceptance factor). Today TTS from HS and HAI do:

1 - acknowledges person shutting off the panel via voice by name and runs a series of events.
2 - hourly chime (which also provides inside and outside temperature)
3 - CNN news alert - screen scrap every 5 minutes and announces "hot" alerts
4 - Doorbell chime and TTS announcement
5 - Telephone TTS - who's calling
6 - Any RF commands via a remote to system. Some via devices are just automatic.

The audio will play internet audio, MP3, etc sourced from both HA box or main home stereo. I believe that HAI integrates zoned audio with a few systems available.

PeteC

Hi Petec,

I have Omnipro II and Homeseer too, just installed at the house by an installer who roped me and left me stranded!

I need to know how to connect my doorbell to the OmniPro II, can I connect it directly? Do I need anything in the middle.
The doorbell is a normal doorbell connected to the mains 220v directly with a push button on the door.
Do I run a wire to from the button to the omni or how to connect it?
I see that you did this and would really appericiate if you can walk me through your setup
Thanks

Back