Omni Pro Phone Line removal?

This morning I had my Omni Pro II beeping due to "Phone Line Failure". This is not the first time I've seen this.
I actually removed my analog phone line that was connected to the system MANY years ago, and removed the lower cost VOIP replacement line (MagicJack most recently) not too long after that. I just was not making use of the "land line" and decided not to pay for it any longer.

Leaving the MagicJack VOIP device in place without service generally allows the HAI Omni panel to return to a Ready/OK state, most of the time. But occasionally, like today, something happens and the panel complains about the phone line being dead. I have to manually cancel the beeping at keypad, leave a "Phone Line had trouble" message on the keypad. Then I go to my PC as this usually is an issue with the VOIP device; I fix the situation by restarting the device (it's a USB MagicJack device connected to a PC) and the error on the HAI keypad goes away.

So I figure it's time to properly fix this situation, both because I haven't been using a home phone line for ages, AND because I've recently found the old hardware I needed to successfully connect to my HAI Omni Pro II via a Serial connection. I couldn't make any changes through PC Dealer Access because the Ethernet connection was not steady and reliable enough to do so, but the Serial connection has been. With that background information aside now, I'm wondering how I go about removing the Omni Pro II's use of a phone line completely, and is that advisable? To be clear, I'm looking to suppress error messages that might be generated from the absence of a phone line.

Have you used PC Access to turn observation of the phone line off?

Setup - Miscellaneous Settings - Dead Line Detect (change from 8 to 0).

Nope, I haven't done anything yet.
If your suggestion is all I need to be able to disconnect the (non-activated) VOIP device completely, I'll do that and be done with it.

Back