hai compose plc questions

jesse17sc

I've been doing some searching online and haven't been able to find the answers so maybe one of you guys can point me in the right direction.  My home has a hai omnipro II and lightolier compose plc.  I would like to control the lights with the hai but I can't seem to get it to work.  It was installed by the builder who was sort of a do it yourselfer and was the previous occupant.  7000 sqft house two firewalls.  compose switches in basement and main floor.  hai omnipro ii has power line interface plugged into outlet from x10 port on hai.  I have pc access for end user and have figured out how to control only the switches in the basement.  Interestingly, from the compose master switch on the main floor, the only switches I can't control are the ones in the basement.  Where should I start?  Thanks for any advice.  If I can get this to work I will be very happy.  Local dealer recommends removing the compose and replacing with hai hlc lights, but I would rather try to get what I already have working with the hai. 

Your PLC interface is plugged into the basement circuit which is somehow isolated from the main level. That is why you only get the basement lights via pcaccess. See if you can plug the PLC interface into an outlet that is part of the main level circuits. I have the same setup with two firewalls. Let me know if you need more help. It's a shame Compose is all discontinued.

Nice to know there are others using this -- we have OP II, 3 firewalls, and Compose PLC throughout the home.

Back