HAI HiFi2 v1.11 and OmniPro II v3.14a Integration Challenges

cmjansen

I am trying to integrate my HiFi2 system with an OmniPro II with PC Access v3.14.1.760. 

First I used the HiFi 2 Setup utility (Ethernet connection) to setup all the Sources and Zones on the HiFi2.  Everything works as programmed.  The Leviton HiFi2 iPod app works to control the system as well. 

I would prefer to use the SnapLink app and PC Access as an integrated system to control everything.

(The OmniPro II, HiFi2 and progamming server are connected to the same network switch)

Using the PC Access Extended Setup/HiFi2/Discover Tool I am able to connect (discover) and accept the IP address of the HiFi2.   The problem is that none if its Audio Source/Zone configuration is diplayed or comes accross in PC Access.   I assume it would show up under PCAccess Audio Sources/Zones or PCAccess Extended Setup/HiFi2?

I figured the HiFi2 must need to be connected serially as well so...

I connected the serial port of the HiFi2 to Port 2 of the OmniPro II (using the same 6 pin cable as the UPB module to OmniPro) modified the PCAccess Expansion settings for Module 1 - HAI HiFi2, and PCAccess Expansion\Serial Port 2 to HAI HiFi2 to see if this would resolve the issue.  No Change. 

Could the Cable Pinout be different then the UPB?  What am I missing?

I've spent hours looking through HAI HiFi2 and OmniPro II Manuals and blogs and cannot find any detailed setup information for the integration of these 2 together.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I utilize the HAI (HA21A052) serial connector and cable for my Russound stuff.  It uses a 4 wire flat telephone cable.  (pins 2,3,4,5)

HA21A052_full.jpg

cmjansen said:
I connected the serial port of the HiFi2 to Port 2 of the OmniPro II (using the same 6 pin cable as the UPB module to OmniPro) modified the PCAccess Expansion settings for Module 1 - HAI HiFi2, and PCAccess Expansion\Serial Port 2 to HAI HiFi2 to see if this would resolve the issue.  No Change. 

I've spent hours looking through HAI HiFi2 and OmniPro II Manuals and blogs and cannot find any detailed setup information for the integration of these 2 together.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

If you use the same cable that works with UPB module, it should work for HiFi as well. You should only configure one serial port for HiFi. If you connect serial cable to port 2 on the board, configure port2. If you are using serial expansion board, then configure the expansion module to HiFi. You should also discover the HiFi under the extended setup and make sure the IP address matches the HiFi settings. Save and upload the setup to the board and you should be able to see and name Audio Sources and Zones. After you name them, upload names to the board, add them also in the rooms under extended setup, upload the extended setup, and you should see them in SnapLink.

The limited documentation I am able to find regarding the interconnection between the HiFi2 and the OmniPro II infers that they are connected tegether through their RJ11 serial ports not through Server via Dshell serial connector.  I would have assumed that because the OmniPro II could see the  HiFi2 controller via Ethernet connection through switch no other cable interconnection between them would be required.

Apologies and yes.  I have two Russound CAXX's connected to my OPII.

A standard, straight-through, 4-conductor phone cord connects from the RS-232 port of the Hi-Fi controller, to an available RS-232 connection on the HAI controller.

hifi.jpg

Thanks Picta. 

I had assumed that the system was not working because it did not pull the info already configured in the HIFI2 controller into the OmniPro Controller.  With the serial cable connected between the HIFi2 and OmniPro II as well as maintaining the EtherNet connections back to the network for both everything works fine.

Very NEWBIE question
I have almost the same setup
HiFi2 8x8,  OmniStat,  Omni LTe Controller  and a OmniTouch 7 

Just got all this and installed all the speakers, OmniStat and Touch7,   now looking to configure the Touch Screen?

Really new at this thou.......What is the "HiFi 2 Setup utility"?

does this mean the Configure page?  I went in that Screen after hooking up the Hifi to the Controller's 2nd Serial Port and I couldn't see the HiFi!   I could see the battery disconnected from he system and the alarm was off on the house thou....:)

Please Help ME?

Got the Hifi2 configured and saved to the Omni Lte Controller and the Omnitouch Screen setup but can not get the Hifi2 to talk to the Controller?   In other words both the Controller and the Touch screen don't have control of the Hifi2, it still can only be used by the Wall switches and nothing else!
I know the IP address of the Hifi and it also can be found by the PC Access but still can't communicate with it?

Do I have to setup my router to PORT FORWARD this IP address?

Let me know if you can

Thanks

Back