HAI OmniStat2 Tick Tick tick tick tick ...

bdAZ

Hello Everyone -

Has anyone experienced this behaviour before? I have a pair of OmniStat2's - each controlling a zone in my house. The one upstairs in the hallway also uses a remote temperature probe in the master bedroom for its temperature reading. 

My issue is that when the upstairs Thermostat (on either cool or heat mode) gets to the desired temperature or thereabouts the relay starts ticking on/off continuously as if it's turning on/off the HVAC (which itself is another issue). 

Given this is in the hallway outside the kids' bedrooms it's pretty annoying. 

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to correct this? Is it a defective OmniStat2?

Thx!

It sounds to me like you are connected to a modulated system controller (typically more common in commercial than consumer installations) or you have a power supply problem, although it could be the timer is incorrect in the Omnistat.  Probably needs to be checked as there should be a delay before it can re-engage.

I just installed my first OmniStat and had the similar/same issue.  It is heat only so I needed the 24v Common connected which wasn't so it I kept hearing the relay click on/off every few seconds.

Hi All - just in case someone in the future has a similar issue.

It was completely my fault. I have a 2 zone home, and the OmniStat2s run into the Zone Controller. I had set them as "Zone Controller" as opposed to just a plain ol' thermostat. Once I set them back everything has run properly.

So it was a PEBKAC.  :huh:

Back