Haiku Haiku is now Space, available shortly!

lupinglade

After a long development period, we're happy to announce that Haiku's successor, Space has been submitted to the App Store. Space is a brand new product, rewritten from the ground up to take advantage of the latest iOS features and technologies. At the same time we spent a lot of time to completely rethink the flow of the application to permit more comfortable and convenient use both as a remote and as a built-in touch screen. A friendly, customizable home screen now greets you, providing at a glance information quick access to all of your system.

Space features a more modern, touch-friendly UI that scales nicely between different screen sizes to maximize visible information. It is simple and elegant, designed with functionality as a priority. UI icons represent device status dynamically with animations and color, all without distracting the user. You can now customize the background and icons, too. We've also left a lot of room for future growth, so we're looking for your feedback to further improve Space! 

You can now have Space react to dynamic location changes using both GPS/Cell tower and iBeacons. This functionality, dubbed "Smart Triggers", allows you to add any number of smart triggers that Space will execute whenever your specified conditions are met. You can even present dynamic notifications that let you choose from a set of buttons to activate or show a camera, while Space is not the active application and your device is locked.

We've added Touch ID support, it allows you to quickly authenticate with your automation system without having to enter a code every time.

Full Rooms support with proper ordering that matches what is on the controller is also finally here. We also support Leviton/HAI scenes in rooms.

RTSP streaming support (H.264) has  been added, allowing for better video quality and better camera compatibility. The entire camera driver stack has been re-engineered as well, allowing us to add support for many more cameras with ease. You can also view multiple cameras at a time, up to 9 in fact on an iPad. Automatic camera popups based on events and PTZ are of course also supported.

Space now shows notifications even while it is in the foreground. This is great for being aware of the system status, and even better when Space is wall-mounted.

Of course we've also re-added almost all of the features you've come to love in Haiku! Including multipe controller support, text-to-speech, wall mount mode, HLC scene programming, push notifications, weather display, custom names, user settings and more.

Space will be available on the app store as soon as it is approved by Apple. We will be offering a special upgrade price of $29.99 for existing users for the first two weeks.

We think you'll love Space!

Now that we've covered Space, you might be wondering about the "helper". We are working on Space Server 1.0; it will go well beyond HaikuHelper's capabilities and provide a full automation solution that is compatible with Leviton/HAI systems as well as other systems in the future. I cannot give you full details yet, but this is a brief preview: Esentially, it will allow us to build an entire automation system that is no longer limited by a single piece of hardware and thus we plan to bring huge improvements to the home automation market with Space Server! Our priorities are easy, solid integration with many devices and industry-leading automation logic and UI support. All the while of course, Leviton/HAI users will get top-tier hardware and feature support with Space Server. We'll be providing more details and are happy to hear your suggestions for Space Server as its being developed!

Space Server is slated for release in early 2015 and will run on OS X Yosemite and later.

Attachments

• iOS Simulator Screen Shot Dec 5, 2014, 7.11.34 PM.png
    iOS Simulator Screen Shot Dec 5, 2014, 7.11.34 PM.png
    835.9 KB · Views: 131
Push notifications from HaikuHelper will not work, but otherwise it will of course continue to work. The way push notifications are sent has changed in Space. In the mean time you can keep Haiku on your device to continue receiving HaikuHelper notifications.

Details: Space uses CloudKit for push notifications which will improve reliability by removing the middle server HaikuHelper uses. It also will add some extra functionality such as being able to read previous notifications from within the app.

lupinglade said:
Push notifications from HaikuHelper will not work, but otherwise it will of course continue to work. The way push notifications are sent has changed in Space. In the mean time you can keep Haiku on your device to continue receiving HaikuHelper notifications.

Details: Space uses CloudKit for push notifications which will improve reliability by removing the middle server HaikuHelper uses. It also will add some extra functionality such as being able to read previous notifications from within the app.

Bummer.

This is just temporary until Space Server is released. You will still get push notifications via the Haiku app for now.

Yeah, I hear you.  Change is painful, and to be honest I am ok with using CloudKit as the new "middleware" so to speak when it's all said and done.

It's the double-edged sword of "release early"... while we are pleased that Space is being released any minute now, we get pissy that Space Server isn't.  But if you had waited to release both at the same time, we would be pissy about that too.

I'm just waiting to see what you came up with!

Yes, we just didn't want to keep you waiting any longer :) Space Server will be amazing though, so it will be worth a bit of a wait. It will let us do everything that wasn't possible before!

I would appreciate some photos and video.

I am literally looking at my Amazon cart with 4 Win8 touchpads in it for my Omni to be used with another 3rd party windows based automation controller.

I would like to see what Space will have available via photos and video.  I could instead buy several iPad minis for wall mounting.

So....how about some video examples for you Cocoontech friends?

Sure, we'll get some videos up soon!

We're hoping to add Siri in the future, right now the API isn't available.

Back