Haiku not connecting

Haiku has stopped connecting to OmniPro II on both our iPhones.  Have tried to reboot phone and relaunch the app, but no success.  In the past I have resorted to deleting the app and then reinstalling from the App. Store.  But it seems that HAIKU is no longer there.  Any suggestions to reconnect?  Currently on IOS 11.4.1

Make sure your board is connected by pinging the IP from a computer. If it's pinging, check your stuff, such as port and encryption keys and make sure you're on your Wi-Fi.

ComponY said:
Make sure your board is connected by pinging the IP from a computer. If it's pinging, check your stuff, such as port and encryption keys and make sure you're on your Wi-Fi.
WiFi is up, but I cannot ping the board.  All lights indicate that it is operating properly.  How do I restore communication?  Should I power down OMNI and restart?

Powercat80 said:
WiFi is up, but I cannot ping the board.  All lights indicate that it is operating properly.  How do I restore communication?  Should I power down OMNI and restart?

Start by doing a reboot on the board. Check the IP though, and make sure you're pinging the right IP/Port.

In did a reboot by unplugging AC power and battery, then restarted.  Confirmed the IP address from the console.  Still cannot ping.  AC power light is on and status light is blinking 1 per second as prescribed.  Ethernet switch indicates it is communicating and I can see the OMNI IP on my network.  ???

I am also able to connect to the OmniPro via PCAccess.  This is an ethernet connection, but at least I know it's communicating.  Just not with Haiku.???

I understand HAIKU is wifi.  My other wifi apps are working correctly.  Is there a way to confirm wifi comm with the HAI controller?  I can connect via ethernet with PCAccess, but I am unable to ping via the same ethernet connection on a MAC.  I have an IOS network app on an iPhone that indicates it is pinging.  

No wifi change.

Well, Haiku will drop back to not being connected to the house in about 30 seconds here, if the phone connection is bad. Is that what you see?

Do you use a local/internal wifi address for Haiku, or an external IP address to connect?

You can re-install Haiku using the apple App Store app on your phone. You need to go to your account page and purchased apps, then you should see Haiku is downloadable there. You are correct it is not listed in the store when you search, but it will be listed in your purchased apps list.

I use port forwarding for external access.  I have pinged both IP's with no success.  This is happening on my wife's iPhone and iPad as well.  So not an isolated incidence.

I see HAIKU on purchased apps on my iPhone.  Obviously it thinks it is on the phone, as it is, so it gives me the "open" option.  I thought of deleting and reinstalling, but when speaking to Apple support yesterday, if an app is removed from the iTunes store it will no longer be available on the Cloud to re-download.  So I'm cautious about deleting the app.  I have fixed comm. issues with Haiku in the past by this process, but it was still on the App Store at the time.  In fact there are some apps in my purchase history where the cloud icon is grayed out, indicating it is no longer available.  I fear if I delete HAIKU this is the result I will get.

Powercat80 said:
I use port forwarding for external access.  I have pinged both IP's with no success.  This is happening on my wife's iPhone and iPad as well.  So not an isolated incidence.

I see HAIKU on purchased apps on my iPhone.  Obviously it thinks it is on the phone, as it is, so it gives me the "open" option.  I thought of deleting and reinstalling, but when speaking to Apple support yesterday, if an app is removed from the iTunes store it will no longer be available on the Cloud to re-download.  So I'm cautious about deleting the app.  I have fixed comm. issues with Haiku in the past by this process, but it was still on the App Store at the time.  In fact there are some apps in my purchase history where the cloud icon is grayed out, indicating it is no longer available.  I fear if I delete HAIKU this is the result I will get.

Hmm, this used to work to restore the app, but I don't see it in purchased apps for me today either.  However, it is on the phone.  This seems like a bug or a issue with the app store that may be short lived.  It was not the case in the past (and I suspect the person you spoke with gave you incorrect information, unless the policy was changed.)

If a developer stops updating the app over time Apple will delete it from the App Store.  Haiku has not had an update in over 4 years.

Recently Haiku started working again by using the local IP address only.  I cannot use it remotely.  Security, and Thermostats work, but not the lights.  Strange??  

If if are ON the WiFi, make sure you use your local IP address for the OPII. If youre using the WAN, or DDNS, sometimes it wont work while on the WiFi.

Back