electron

Administrator
Staff member
For Immediate Release

Tim Shriver
(800) 935-5313
[email protected]

HAL Professional Chosen by Home Automation Server Manufacturer

Laurel, MD – October 10, 2005, Home Automated Living (HAL), publisher and international leader of award winning natural speech home control software products has entered into an agreement to provide its HAL Professional (HALpro) Automation Software to Honeywell (NYSE: HON). HALpro is now integrated on Honeywell’s Home Automation Server, which lets homeowners control household appliances and electronics by voice, computer, phone or personal digital assistant (PDA). It also allows users to store movies, music and digital photos in one central location, allowing for easy distribution of that media throughout the house.

"The new relationship with Honeywell is an important step in providing Dealers and Integrators with a Builder Program that combines automation, HVAC, security, structured wiring, multi room audio, air quality and more into and end to end solution for the customer.†HAL president Tim Shriver said. “In fact, the Automation Server is the first total turnkey solution for builders and integrators to provide homeowners with complete control over all of their home technology and entertainment needs.â€
Because the Automation Server contains a pre-integrated platform, builders and integrators can easily install their preferred brands of lighting, appliances or HVAC controls. Programming the system is also easy; builders and integrators can have a new home up and running in no time at all. Because of the versatility of the software, it also gives them the chance to sell a larger suite of automation and control products and an opportunity for recurring monthly revenue (RMR) by offering value-added service and maintenance programs.

Read the rest of this press release

The Automation Server is based on state-of-the-art technologies from Intel, Microsoft and Home Automated Living. It is housed in a computer that uses Windows XP® Professional – used specifically for automation and control applications – to ensure reliability and stability.

Integrators and builders can program the Automation Server by using a series of simple pull-down menus. They can also use the Automation Server to increase profits by selling a service and maintenance contract, where upgrade and maintenance tasks can be routinely performed by remotely connecting into the system.

“Integrators and builders often lose money on maintenance contracts by traveling from location to location, but many aspects of the Automation Server can be maintained and serviced right from their office,†said Tim Trautman, senior product manager for Honeywell. “There’s also the chance to sell value-added services. For instance, if the integrator sees that the homeowners are football fans, he can offer to customize their system’s settings to record every game.â€

By using HALpro for the Automation Server, customers now have complete control over their lights, appliances, home theater, climate control and security. The server can be accessed whether you’re home or away, through computers, touch screens, phones, PDA’s or even the spoken voice.

“Once installed, a homeowner can turn on the lights by simply saying, ‘Rosie, turn on the lights,’†Trautman said. “Users can even create a series of scheduled events by using detailed commands, such as, ‘every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at sunset, turn on the front door lights for five hours.’â€

HALpro and the Honeywell Automation Server have been featured multiple times on ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, empowering physically challenged homeowners and their families to use voice commands to turn on the lights, adjust the temperature, arm the security system and more.

About Home Automated Living
HAL software and hardware products give users the ability to control all the systems of the home including lights, appliances, climate, home audio/video, security, and telephone from a web browser on the home network or via the Internet from anywhere in the world. Additionally, HAL delivers a conversational, speaker-independent speech interface giving the user the option to control the home by voice using microphones or telephones from anywhere. Home Automated Living is the winner of numerous industry awards including the Consumer Electronics Association "Innovations Award" honoring product excellence in design and engineering. Products include HALbasic, HALdeluxe, HAL2000, HALpro, HALvoices, HAL Digital Music Center, HAL Digital Video Center and HAL Voice Portal. For more information or to purchase HAL products, visit the HAL website at www.AutomatedLiving.com.

About Honeywell
Honeywell International is a $26 billion diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; specialty chemicals; fibers; and electronic and advanced materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London, Chicago and Pacific Stock Exchanges. It is one of the 30 stocks that make up the Dow Jones Industrial Average and is also a component of the Standard & Poor's 500 Index. For additional information, please visit www.honeywell.com.

This release contains forward-looking statements as defined in Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements about future business operations, financial performance and market conditions. Such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties inherent in business forecasts as further described in our filings under the Securities Exchange Act.

Not sure I understand... Is HALpro being integrated with other software on the Honeywell server or is it going to BE the software on the Honeywell server?

From what I have been told, it's going to be THE software package driving the Honeywell hardware. Pretty cool!

Doesn't Honeywell own HAL? If so, I am not sure it is newsworthy that a company got it's hardware and software to work together.

Is there voice recognition software that good that they are going to market this to the general public??? :blink:

I just updated my Honeywell alarm panel to one of the HAL compatible models this weekend (from a lower model Honeywell panel). A NEW RS232 interface (with TAP Alpha paging) is on it's way this week from eBay ($25 for a $200 part--I love eBay!). I hope to get the cabling and programming done in the next few days so I can plug in the interface and connect my alarm panel to my HAL2000 PC right away.

Still waiting on my HAL PCI modem.

just to update, I haven't yet gotten HAL2000 working with my Honeywell alarm panel. I have been receiving a lot of assistance from AL via their support forum and am very impressed by their customer support. BSR has also been helping me to make sure my serial connection is correct.

Jeff,

Which Honeywell panel did you get? I dont remember any of them capable of intergrating from HAL.

Back