Have any of you used x10.com?

I have never had my e-mail address sold after dealing with X-10. Likewise, I get no pop-ups when going to their site. No special blocker... just what comes from Mr. Gates.

Skibum said:
I have never had my e-mail address sold after dealing with X-10. Likewise, I get no pop-ups when going to their site. No special blocker... just what comes from Mr. Gates.
Really? I just went to x10.com on my work computer and clicked on a couple of links. I got pop-ups that appeared within 5-10 seconds on multiple pages. In some cases I had to move the mouse over the screen before they popped up. There was no way to get rid of them without having to click on something because they were using either Flash or dynamic HTML. Using IE 6.0.2900 with Microsoft's popup blocker.

My experience coincides with Xpendable's, although I recall being plagued with pop-unders as well. It is really a disrespectful and desperate way to do business.

Its too bad they made themselves so hated on the web for those popup ads. I think most of us got started with HA by getting stuff from them.

Guy Lavoie said:
Its too bad they made themselves so hated on the web for those popup ads. I think most of us got started with HA by getting stuff from them.
I agree. I think most of us (well at least the "older" members) probably have an Active Home CD in our closets some where! ;)

Just to make sure I was one of the "older" crowd, I went looking through my old "treasure chest" (i.e. cardboard box) of X10 stuff...sure enough Active Home CD...Floppies for my X10 Mouse Remote Mp3 remote...dang, lots of waste $$ in there...

Oh well, back to installing UPB and trying to figure out WHERE the heck I'm going to get my next Neutral from...

--Dan

Two CM11A's (with ActiveHome CDs), a CP290, a Radio Shack Plug'n'Power interface for the Coco, and some X-10 timers. All unused, of course, since the Ocelot took over a few years ago.

Back