HB Barometer Sensor

stevendt

Hi,

when I ordered the barometer, I never specified that I'd prefer metric units (mbar) for pressure so the slope and offset values are based on inHg as is the data on the calculation page on the HB site.

I know that I can just convert the inHg value but would it be better to specify appropriate slope & offset values in the software and have the pressure calculated in mBar ?

If I wanted to go this way, how do I work out the slope & offset values ?

regards
Dave

Hi,

when I ordered the barometer, I never specified that I'd prefer metric units (mbar) for pressure so the slope and offset values are based on inHg as is the data on the calculation page on the HB site.

I know that I can just convert the inHg value but would it be better to specify appropriate slope & offset values in the software and have the pressure calculated in mBar ?

regards
Dave

Dave,

I would just convert the resulting inHg value to mBar. That is what most sites do (like Weather Underground).

If you would like I can get you the formula that is used on the Barometer Calibration Calculator if you want to try to convert it to use mBar.

Eric

Hi Eric,

thanks for the reply. I would like to change the code to work in mBar so, yes please, if you could find the formula to use for the Barometer I'd appreciate. No hurry, though, I'll use a conversion factor in the short term,

regards
Dave

Hi,

regards
Dave

Dave,

I would just convert the resulting inHg value to mBar. That is what most sites do (like Weather Underground).

If you would like I can get you the formula that is used on the Barometer Calibration Calculator if you want to try to convert it to use mBar.

Eric

Back