Barometer Calibration

sgtbean

OK, so I got the HB barometer and had it calibrated by the vendor. Hooking it up though, it displayed an almost constant 28.39 inHg, while three local weather stations (same altitude, about 2 miles from me) say it should be 29.76 (!).

After letting it sit for a day or so, it still gives me this huge offset and nothing changed. Now I want to check the voltages are correct, but I could not use the OneWireViewer for this as it could not detect the TEMP08 that I use to interface with the sensors. Is there a way to read the voltage using a multimeter directly on the board? Which pins should I use to get the correct voltage?

You can measure the voltage between GND and pin2 of JP1. Then you can perform the calibration as described on the website.

Eric

Yes!! I'm up and running, just gonna monitor the values for a day or so to see if I need to tweak it a hear left or right. Good stuff!!

Thanks Eric!!

OK, I know this is an older post but I have just purchased the barometer. I cannot seem to find the calibration routine on the hobby boards website. I know the algorithm to determine barometric pressure but I have no slope or intercept (offset & gain) values. Wasn't there a webpage that calculated that info on the hobby boards website? I write my weather stuff in C but I found the Weather Toys java code and just port the code over to C.

I wrote to hobby boards support but never got a response. That disappoints me.

Thanks for any help.

We used to have a Barometer Calibration Calculator page on the website but I guess it didn't make the move to the new site.

Send an email to [email protected] with your altitude and email address and I will run the calculator and email you the results.

Eric

Back