Hello CocoonTech - HA Newbie

cyerye

Hello all you experts, I'm Ryan. I've been visiting the site for a few months, but just started installing my HA system. I spent many months reading up on what HA was and what I would need. I finally pulled the trigger a month ago and purchased OPII. I live in Phoenix, AZ and was waiting for the attic to cool down before crawling around to install everything. Here is what I have so far:

Hardware: OmniPro II
Software: HaikuHelper and Haiku
Lighting Control: UPB (HAI HLC switches and some Simply Automated UPB dimmers) Still need to setup SA dimmers in UPStart and configure them for HLC.
Audio: Airplay
Interface: Ipods, Ipads and iPhones running Haiku
IP cameras
iMac running SecuritySpy and HaikuHelper
Sensors for security - System Sensor Smoke Detectors, Door contacts, Motion Sensors (Blue Line Gen2) and a few window sensors

Next up is to finish installing the stuff I have, which is 4 more smoke detectors, a motion sensor, the phone line to the OPII and 4 more SA UPB switches. Then I will need to buy more stuff.

I want to finish the UPB lighting, which will take about 30 more switches, get voice announcements going in the house (still trying to figure out how I'll do this) and hook up the garage doors to the OPII. Then it will be irrigation, pool automation (currently done with timers and variable speed pump) and window sensors. Wow, this could be a life long project. I hope my wife doesn't find this website, she'll realize I'm not even close to being finished. :)

Welcome to the forum cyerye!

Here in the Midwest highest WAF related to the automation and easy access and use of the HVAC controls. 

Nothing else mattered at the time. 

It was/is related to age and time or time and age; "finished" was/is ambiguously worded.

Show your wife how easy it is to manage your environment via a tablet, phone or whatever.....

Back