Hello world!

lobster

Hello. I am a 30 year old art student from Norway currently studying in London. I hate paintings and drawings... I love electricity. I belive that art should be enjoyable and that's the reason i started doing it.. (To make cool interactive geeky art)

I hope you will apologize me for any spelling mistakes and not always being able to express my thoughts and ideas at this forum. I will try my best....

So what brought you to this forum? Well, it seems that the people here are quite advanced and the topics are related to what I would like to know more about. I also have an idea for an installation which I may need help with from you guys.
I would like to get in contact with someone who have skills with ONTRAK relay cards and VB.net or Java....

What is your experience and level? I'm new to connecting IO devices to my computer. I have many ideas of usages, but lack the knowledge to program devices. The only programming I've ever done is PHP, MySQL and HTML. That does not help me alot at this time...

What kind of hardware do you own? I just bought a
ONTRAK ADU208 USB Relay I/O Interface. I also have a 10-12 old paralel relay device which I played with by using print command to the LPT1 port.... I have a webcam I've been playing with using Webcam Zone Trigger. This software is quite handy. I have created some nice interactive sound installations using this software.

So here you have all the facts. :)
Looking forward to spend time with you all...

-Lobster-

Welcome to CT!!

As you said there are quite a few very knowledgeable people here, so ask away and you get an answer.

Rick

Welcome to CocoonTech!

I hope you will apologize me for any spelling mistakes and not always being able to express my thoughts and ideas at this forum

Don't worry about it. For many of us, English is our native language and we still make (many) grammatical errors. :)

Welcome Lobster! :D

I think you could really have fun with the right toys!

Keep up the experimenting. That is how you become an expert and make the big money!

Back