Hi there!

Hi there!
I'm trying to get an HAI Omni LT system with X10 devices that came with our house accessible via PC Access.  The previous owner of the house gave me all the user manuals, PC Access CD (and floppy disks :)), invoices, etc dating back when the system is installed in 2001.  I could get the PC Access installed on one of my old Win7 machines and connect it to the Omni LT system via USB serial cable.  But I'm stuck now because all the account files (.pca and .exp files) are missing. The previous owner has no clue about those files and he has recycled his old laptop that was exclusively used for accessing the system remotely via a landline connected to Omni's dedicated dial-up modem.  The original guy who installed the system, a "5-star" Leviton/HAI dealer is apparently either super busy or not interested in helping (yet).  I contacted Leviton and they suggested to contact a bunch of dealers in the area, but some of them seems to be more interested in selling their monitoring services and other stuff than helping me out.  So, here I'm hoping that someone will help me.

I'm also interested in upgrading the system and have a few ideas, but my immediate goal is to get the PC Access working and play with it.

I do know a little bit about embedded systems and have designed both microprocessor based hardware boards and system software in my previous life. But X10 world is new to me even though the concepts such as PLC are not.  I'd be very much interested to learn about any open-source Linux/Windows/Mac/x86/microcontroller-based projects.  Please let me know if you have any pointers.

Thanks for you time and advice in advance!

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum TristateUser!

I could get the PC Access installed on one of my old Win7 machines and connect it to the Omni LT system via USB serial cable.

If you can do this then all you have to do is down load the configuration files on your panel.  Thinking default dealer code is 1111. 

With this you can edit user codes, view programming and edit programming.

Currently here using an OmniPro 2 with X10, UPB, Zigbee and ZWave controllers plugged in to it.  Mostly today utilize UPB and X10.

Works great.

You may want to entertain upgrading the firmware.  The old panels had upgradable ROM chips which are easy to replace.

Thank you for the suggestion!

> I could get the PC Access installed on one of my old Win7 machines and connect it to the Omni LT system via USB serial cable.
>
> If you can do this then all you have to do is down load the configuration files on your panel.  Thinking default dealer code is 1111.

I don't know how to do the step "down load the configuration files on your panel".
When I connect the PC Access, I see an initial screen that says the following with a password prompt:
Home Automation, Inc.
PC Access
Model 1106W
Version 2.1b
Serial Number 2004
(c) 1999-2002 HAI

After I enter the default password (which is PASSWORD as per the manuals), I don't see any place to enter the dealer code. Specifically, I don't see an option "download the configuration files".  Is this because I'm using a very old version of PC Access?

BTW, ComponY suggested that I do the same step, after purchasing PC Access for Dealers.  Do I still need to know the "dealer code" even with the PC Access for Dealers?

I am thinking of upgrading my Omni LT to Omni LTe to get rid of the dedicated phone line with dial-up modem interface.  Is it better to upgrade to OmniPro 2 than LTe?  How difficult (or easy :)) is to replace the controller board?

Thanks again.

Back