Hikvision Video Doorbell PIR to OmniPro 2 zone

Thanks. That is great information.  I will read it all.  

I have a Synology Disk Array (Fantastic product, by the way) that has many add-on programs.  One is called Surveillance Station, which is their NVR platform.  Probably not the best in the world, and I know Blue Iris is better, but good enough for what I need.  It uses ONVIF / RTSP and has an iPhone app. which sends you a snapshot picture like Ring does. I haven't played with it much yet.

I had RING for a while, and its made me mad, especially after Amazon took over.  The "spying," hacking problems, and RING turning videos over to police without your permission is a real problem.  For one, you can't even use RING unless you tell them exactly where the doorbell is located.  Why is that their business?  

Where is the location of the firmware you used and how is that firmware different than that which came with the doorbell? 

Personally configuring latest version of Zoneminder to use MQTT triggers (PIR and Doorbell) to record events.

Well you probably have EzViz firmware on your camera.

Did the following with my Nelly DB

1 - using Hikvision Batch configuration initially logged in to the camera
2 - removed the phone app and disconnected the camera from the app.

Is this what you want to do?

I read that the EzViz version doesn't support ONVIF so I probably need to switch, but then I saw instructions on your help sheet where it talks about connecting to Synology without ONVIF, so I have to learn more. 

Yes many of the newer software / hardware NVRs talk ONVIF.  Better ones talk RTSP and ONVIF. 

With the Nelly Doorbell here I installed Hikvision firmware which talks JPG, RTSP and ONVIF. 

I am using JPG captures on the OmniTouch screens configured in PCA.  RTSP on my Zoneminder box and ONVIF on a new NVR just purchased.

Back