home automation mega poll

electron

Administrator
Staff member
I am trying to figure out what people are using these days. It's hard to put this in poll format, while covering all possible solutions, but I will give it a shot. This poll is about the protocol you primarily rely on, so if you have 100 Insteon devices, and 99 X10 devices, I am only interested in the Insteon setup :D

If you rely on another technology, not listed, feel free to mention your experiences in a post. Thanks!

Hi

I use Clipsals CBUS which is a hard wired system and have no issues with its reliability whatsoever :D

Frank

Well, you know, in these politically correct days, we don't want any lighting solution to lose. Everyone's a winner here today. Raise your hand if you're a winner!

Dean Roddey said:
You forgot the ever popular Flux Capacitor.

Well, you know, in these politically correct days, we don't want any lighting solution to lose. Everyone's a winner here today. Raise your hand if you're a winner!
Dean;

A little OT, but by any chance did you re-stock your liquor cabinet this weekend? :D

Just kidding!

BSR

BTW: Did you know that you can't "back" out of this poll, it just brings you back to the poll results! (But it won't let me vote again, and again, and again . . .) :)

As of now it looks like X10 has the lead. Followed by Z-Wave and Insteon in a tie and lastly UPB. It really does not shock me that this is the order since it pretty much coincides with the pricing of these technologies.

Nice Poll
Have a good day all!

You are looking at this poll the wrong way Squintz. It's a given that X10 would be #1, since it has been around for so long. I was actually more interested in which technology seems to have the least minor and major problems.

Squintz said:
As of now it looks like X10 has the lead.  Followed by Z-Wave and Insteon in a tie and lastly UPB.  It really does not shock me that this is the order since it pretty much coincides with the pricing of these technologies. 

Nice Poll
Have a good day all!
As of now it looks like X10 has the lead. Followed by Z-Wave and Insteon in a tie and lastly UPB. It really does not shock me that this is the order since it pretty much coincides with the pricing of these technologies.
Squintz,

I think you are misunderstanding Electron's reason for the poll.

The key is how they are working.

At the time on this post, a couple of the technologies are tied at 9 people using the technology that don't have any issues. The technology with the least amount of issues though is UPB.

I certainly did misunderstand. I thought you were just interested in knowing what we primarily have in our homes and were adding the question about having problems just as an added bonus. I get what you are asking now.

I find it amazing that 7 people have Insteon with no issues...... Just kidding. Glad that it is doable in some situations.

I am about to post another situation under the giving up on insteon thread.

Back