home theater speakers recommendation for ceiling?

For my situation, it is a Theater Room. It looks like the optimum may be in-wall for Fronts and Center, In-wall for SL and SR, and In-Ceiling for S-Rears.

i am assuming for Subs I would look at In-Walls at floor level?

I think there are a few users today here on the forum that use in wall subs. 

Typically it is installed at floor level as you feel it mostly and not ever really see it as the sound you feel is omnidirectional.

I have configured the wiring infrastructure for an in wall sub in two homes; just never cut a hole for it in the wall.

Here have stayed with an external sub moving it from the front to the back where you cannot see it and just feel it.

Floor standing subwoofers are, in general, far superior to in-walls.

I'm not sure if rear height surrounds are an ideal situation. Take a look at the new 2015 Denon model manuals (pdf) for speaker layout diagrams. The rear surrounds/surround d backs should be ear level. Height speakers should be in-ceiling above the main listening position or forward, IIRC. Definitely look at those manuals.

Denon models x1200w, x2200w, x3200w, x4200w. Im not sure if all of those models will support 7.1, either.

I always refer people to the Dolby speaker setup guides: http://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/speaker-setup/index.html

Note: Use the interactive image toward the bottom of each layout page to get further guidance on speaker placement. For example, on the 5.1 setup, it states this about the rear surround speakers:
"Surround speakers create a lifelike sense of spaciousness, providing ambient sound within movies. Place the speakers to the sides of the seating area, ideally just above ear height."

Back