Hot new Sirius Conductor (Z-Wave) Satellite Radio

Thanks for the blurry photos. I like the compact size of that. I will probably end up getting one of those in the future. I simply don't have the need for one right this minute. It would be a nice addition to a whole house audio system when I put one in.

For the folks looking at this (or Sirius for that matter), Sirius is running a $500 lifetime subscription deal until January of '07. That works out to be a little over 3 years worth of subscription at the $12.95 rate.

Might be worth doing if you figure you'll keep it at least that long.

I currently use Homeseer/Mainlobby to control my Sat Radio, but it is crude. If i get this unit, will I need to get a Zwave computer controller to be able to control it from Homeseer? If so what is the approximate cost of hardware and software neede to accomplish this?

Thanks

TCassio,

You can control the AV portion (channel up, down, etc.) from any Z-Wave Certified software application which supports "AV control."

We'll also be adding AV support to the new v1.2 beta of the Z-Wave PC SDK...

Chris

I'm kind of disapointed in the range of the remote. I can't seem to get 30' away before it says "Out of Range"? Is this normal?

Thanks.

Herdfan,

It all depends on the construction of your home and location of the receiver. If you have any other Z-Wave devices in your home, the messages should route through them as well--so range shouldn't be an issue at that point...

Chris

ChrisWalker said:
It all depends on the construction of your home and location of the receiver. If you have any other Z-Wave devices in your home,
I am losing signal in the room next to the receiver. So basically one 2x4 wall with 1/2" drywall on each side.

At this point I do not have any other Z-wave devices. However, onc Leviton gets off their happy a**es and make their switches available, I will give them a long look and probably install a few.

Herdfan,

I get a pretty strong signal at home until I go downstairs. Is it possible that your receiver is trapped in the middle of a bunch of other metal items? That the wall has metal braces, etc.?

When you get your Leviton devices, simply use the "Add Radio" function in the remote (which will technically add any Z-Wave device) to add in your other devices...

Chris

P.S.

Monster has already started shipping their light switches (which are made by Leviton). I hear that the select stores that got the first batch have already sold out of some of the items, so more are on the way...

Chris

I should be getting some monster switches next week. I was told they were shipped out to me on Monday. I like the look of them. I hope they feel as good as they look.

Did the permanent install this afternoon with some help from my brother-in-law. Still need to finish running the antenna cable, but otherwise it is ready to go.

Save one issue. I could not get it to control my H/K receiver via the IR output port. Maybe there is a setting on the H/K I missed so I will read some on the manual this evening and try to fix it in the morning.

Any suggestions. I used a mono plug. Is there any chance it requires a stereo plug?

Herdfan,

Did your Conductor come with an IR cable to plug into the IR CONNECT port? Did you use something different?

Chris

No I don't think it came with one, but I will check. I used a regular mono 1/8" miniplug like I have used for other IR applications.

Back