How do you add sensors to an area in Elk?

RogueOne

I'm sure I just don't know the terminology but can't find or understand where in the manual that describes how to add sensors like smoke, motion and doors to an "area". If I arm the system it says area 1 armed but what is being armed if I haven't told the system what sensors to arm?

Thanks

The area is being armed with all sensors in it, which in your ase is none.

In ElkRP on the left side you'll see an option called Zones. Thats where you add them all.

I recorded a vlog with an ElkRP overview here. If you go to 2:11 you'll see a turbo overview of what you're looking for. Mine are all populated but yours will be blank. Enter your sensors in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55eJbq99iBU

IVB said:
The area is being armed with all sensors in it, which in your ase is none.

In ElkRP on the left side you'll see an option called Zones. Thats where you add them all.

I recorded a vlog with an ElkRP overview here. If you go to 2:11 you'll see a turbo overview of what you're looking for. Mine are all populated but yours will be blank. Enter your sensors in there.

Awsome thank you. Just waiting for approval to downl9ad ElkRP. Can't wait to try it

oh, if you haven't even used ElkRP you may want to watch the whole thing. Its only 5m long or so, but gives you a turbo overview. Many things cut out but that was to keep length down.

Back