How to bypass a wireless zone on the Elk M1

ghurty

I have an elk m1 gold that while it is found on the network times out when I try connecting to it.
I tried rebooting but it didnt help.
I have a wireless zone that I want to bypass (I really want to remove but cant access the programming).
When I do bypass 26 bypass it errors out. None wireless zones I can bypass that way. Any suggestions?
Any suggestions how to get into programming?
They keypad is the Elk M1 Navigator.

Thank you

If you are getting an error tone when you try and bypass the zone, then the zone is probably not configured as a bypassable zone.

Are you trying to connect to the M1 over ethernet?   Your problem could be due to the version of firmware on the M1XEP and your version of Windows.  

You can change the zone configuration through the keypad if you can't connect via ethernet and RP2.

To program the M1, you need to know the installer code.  Do you have that?

Yes, I am trying to do it over the Ethernet.
I used to be able to connect and then at some time it just stopped.
How would i change it via the keypad? It is the default installer code.

Thank you

To remove the wireless zone, you need to first go to keypad menu 9 (installation programming), then submenu 14 to access the wireless setup.  It's best to read the instruction manual (pages 47-48) on how to disable a wireless zone.  But the short answer is that to delete an existing sensor navigate to wireless submenu 2 (transmitter setup), option "WZnxxx 01" (where xxx is the zone number),  and select "No".

If RP2 suddenly stopped working, it is probably due to the changes in browser security in Windows.  If you are running Win10, that's almost certainly the problem and you'll need to upgrade the firmware on the XEP to get it working again.

When you start up RP2 and open your account, then click on M1XEP Setup, and then click on Find, does it find your XEP (i.e. it displays a MAC address and an IP address)?  If so, that is more evidence that it is the Windows security upgrade that is causing the trouble.  If it doesn't find the XEP, then it's possible that there is a problem with the network wiring to the XEP, or it's a bad XEP.

Back