How to clear a phone fault on an M1?

bjdraw

Ok, I admit it, I must be a retard. I've had my M1 for years and installed and programmed it myself, but can't for the life of me figure out an easy way to clear a phone fault. I have the stupid ABN adapter from Next Alarm and occasionally it fails to give a dial tone so of course the M1 reports a phone fault. I can type in my code to clear the beeping easy enough, but the only way I can figure out how to make it stop blinking phone fault on the keypads is to power cycle the system. Please tell me there is an easier way via either the keypad or ElkRP.

Thanks

Entering your code twice or your code followed by an asterisk should clear most things, I don't know about phone-fault. That is one drawback to my using Vonage straight (without an ABN) since the Vonage router ALWAYS supplies voltage and dial-tone, the Elk never knows when the Vonage infrastructure or my cable internet is down, so I never get a phone fault.

the Vonage router ALWAYS supplies voltage and dial-tone, the Elk never knows when the Vonage infrastructure or my cable internet is down, so I never get a phone fault.

My vonnage box removes the dial tone during an internet outage, and plays some recorded message about not finding the vonnage network. Dont know if the ELK knows about it but I do knot it removes the dial tone

Back