Premise How to install Premise in Vista`

Motorola Premise
What browser are you using?

For some reason on my recent (2 days ago) install, FireFox wont load anything on localhost port 86. Yet IE works fine.

Premise's default user-interface rendered is AutomationBrowser and it only works with Internet Explorer. If you point your browser to http://localhost, then you need to be using IE. The very first time IE attempts to connect to Premise, it will request permission to install a required ActiveX plugin.

Premise's alternate user-interface renderer is MiniBrowser and it works with all modern browsers and does not install plugins.

Pure IE through and through for this.

I think it's something buried in windows somewhere not letting pkernel liston on tcp 80. netstat is pre-firewall, so if it was a firewall issue, it would still show the pkernel PID listening on 80.

The kicker is... This is my dev box... With VS2010 on it... My XP box, won't run VS2010... And installing Premise and VS2010 on my home box will have a really low WAF factor.

I'll keep tinkering and post when I find out.

Tim

Got it working... It was something with using a domain account. As soon as I tried a local account, I was good to go.

Both the domain account and the local account are in the local administration group, so it should have been good either way. That's windows for you.

Tim

Revised instructions for Windows 7 x64 (64bit) Home Premium:
1. Disable UAC (User Access Control)
2. Right click Setup.exe and go to properties. Set compatibility mode for XP Service Pack 2 and check run as administrator. Click OK.
3. Double click the EXE. It should freeze on "Status:" and you should see a green bar that is almost complete.
4. Use task manager to stop the Premise Home Control Software application. Leave the windows uninstall process alone. If you stop it, Premise will be uninstalled!
5. Reboot.
6. Stop the two Premise services named "Premise SYS Server" and "Premise SYS Monitor"
7. Double click the Setup.exe again and select repair. The install will now fully complete.

8. REBOOT before using so it will Activate properly!

Just have installed it onto Win 2008 Web Server R2 x64. Carefully followed all instructions above.
Looking OK, but before get deep into to it would like to make sure the installation is proper.
Any ideas about how to test it? And what's the ultimate test?
With respect, Serge.

Ensure the two Premise SYS Server services start.  If you don't get any errors in Builder and no errors in window's event log viewer, everything is fine.  Just follow the wizard to initially set it up and study the help files.

FulanoNadie said:
Awesome- turns out, Windows 8 users need to do the following:
1. Disable UAC through the registry (run regedit.exe):
 Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
Key: EbableLUA
Value data: 0
2. Unblock all the files in the download: In unzipped folder, select all, right-click for properties, and choose Unblock.
3. Run setup as Admin
4. Reboot
5. Run as premise Builder as Admin

Doing the above got my Premise working- thank you for your help!

I just installed Premise server on Win8.1 Pro x86 without any issues! :rockon:
Just turn on Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and administrative privileges.

madpower's method works well.  Just did it to the setup.exe found in the unzipped folder where the installer is.  No issues at all with Builder under Windows 8.1.

Back