HST Releases New iTunes & iPod Plug-in

Hi Rich

Were still waiting for fixes to tickets that have been filled out.
I would love to have a program that runs for more than 24 hours!

It is kinda like throwing salt in the wound by advertizing additional features for a program that is inherently flawed.

You are Homeseer, and I have faith that you will eventually fix the problems.

This does not insulate you or Homeseer Technologies from the valid criticism that Homeseer 2 quite clearly has major issues. It is very very frustrating to be given a release that is broken, and then have no fix for 3 weeks now....

I'll save the list of other complaints.. I'm sure that you have heard them over and over.

I really hope that you get a handle on the problems before everyone just gives up.

BTW.. I tried working with you directly via e-mail.. then you just stopped answering my e-mails.
I've worked directly with you in the past, and would be glad to in the future.

Skibum,

I don't show any open tickets for you. If you have any, please update the ticket so it generates an email notification. Yes I was working with you on an issue via email, but lets move that to the helpdesk so we can track it. To be honest, I lose track of email much too easily and I should have recommended moving to the helpdesk for that one.

-Rich

Rich..

Starting with the next build you release, I would be glad to start filling out helpdesk tickets. I'm not sure what help redundant tickets are, but I'll be glad to try. All or most all of my issues with the current release of Homeseer 2 have been sent as trouble tickets from other folks having the same issues. I have not sent any of my own. You see when Rupp tells me that something has already been reported, I would assume that a single report would be enough. In addition, Rick Tinker acknoledged the last error as being one that he created.

Ski, you know what they say about 'assume' ;) IMO, one should always submit a trouble ticket, even if other people have already done so as well, or have acknowledged the problem. This tells the HST people how big of a problem a certain issue is, and make it easier to assign a priority to it.

Obviously HST does realize that they have a lot of work left to do with HS2, and they aren't denying that (which is a good sign). So while some mistakes were made, at least lets try to help them to fix it, since it affects you directly.

I also would like to remind people that this thread is about the iTunes plugin, so if you do have any other issues with HST you would like to discuss, please use the other existing thread (you know where to find it), or things will get confusing :)

Would it be too much to ask HomeSeer to provide a link to the help desk right from the HomeSeer application. I think most help desk ticket do not get filed because it's not a one click solution. For me to file a help ticket I first have to navigate from the home page to the help desk and then log in. It has the option to remember my login but that has never worked for me.

I will be honest that I heard people talking about filing help desk tickets... But it took me almost 6 months from the time I started using HS to figure out what a help ticket was. And then another month or so to figure out how to submit one.

Perhaps the issue with people not submiting tickets is because it takes to much work and they figure someone else will do it sooner or later.

Back