Humidity / temp / solar kit, bad temp

Looking at this info, it seems like the DS2438 reports a higher temp when its powered.
The board may be heating up and/or the DS2438 itself heats up with VDD power.
You could try running the humidity board unpowered (and pull JP1), and see what happens.
Owfs has a slight timing problem with hobby-boards hubs and parasitic sensors. It is suppose to be fixed in CVS, so will have to see. Before I powered my DS18S20 on the board it reported 185, nope not 85, 185. Anyway, works now since powered it. So I am going to leave it powered.
Be nice to find out if it powered really makes a difference in the DS2438 temp. I plan on getting a humidity board pretty soon. I'll try it and report the results if nobody else does before then.

Before I powered my DS18S20 on the board it reported 185, nope not 85, 185. Anyway, works now since powered it. So I am going to leave it powered.
85C * 9 / 5 + 32 = 185F. I get that too, an ocassional misread, with powered DS18S20s.

Before I powered my DS18S20 on the board it reported 185, nope not 85, 185. Anyway, works now since powered it. So I am going to leave it powered.
sda said:
85C * 9 / 5 + 32 = 185F. I get that too, an ocassional misread, with powered DS18S20s.
Ya, I didn't catch that. You usually hear the 85 degree error and I forgot changed owfs to output in F and not C.
The reason got it though is Owfs going thru the hub. Didn't look into it anymore after saw it cause knew I had to power it to use Owfs thru the hub and was in a hurry to get that done.

Thanks for pointing that out? I probably wouldn't have looked at it anymore unless got a few more readings like that with Owfs. Now I won't have a Doh moment. I can't really call this first one one cause didn't really care at that time.

Back