I need business name ideas!

I've got a list of 30+ names now that I've checked on and most are similar to what John came up with in the last post... most already have domains registered.

John - you have given me a few new ideas though!

For now I'm keeping my cards close to the table, but will share my list or solicite feedback on a few names before finalizing (provided Squintz promises not to nab my top pick) :p

Paul

I promise not to nab your top pick but if its really good I may have to proposition you to allow me to use it :p

I am starting to think the something made up, short, and easy to remember with the right type of advertising could make any name mean something to anyone. For instance when you think of Comcast you think cable tv or cable internet. Thats not because the name means cable but because they have burned it into our heads enough that we think of it as cable. So maybe a two words joined together to make a new word that isnt really a word. Kind of like FireFox.

What is it called when you put two words together like that?

Squintz,

I've enlisted feedback from someone with a marketing background, and she answered your question nicely in her first reply to me:

Describing name choices:

Quote: Descriptive (Koslowsky Home Automation) vs hint w/mystique (Precision Living) vs unknown (Agilent…what’s that…build the brand).

Looks like what your considering doing is building your own brand!

PK

How about something that looks like a brand name, but isn't.

www.rulazy.com is available.

for the low price of that domain I went ahead and secured it just in case. It's kinda funny and may be just the thing to stick in peoples heads. I am still looking for something more professional though

Squintz said:
for the low price of that domain I went ahead and secured it just in case. It's kinda funny and may be just the thing to stick in peoples heads. I am still looking for something more professional though
I knew I should have snagged it!
:p

Eug came up with Smarterior. I like the way it looks and I think the sound may grow on me. What do you guys think about the look and sound of Smarterior. I went ahead and secured www.Smarterior.com just in case :)

Smarterior

Attachments

• Outlook.jpg
    Outlook.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 46
Actually, the first word that came to mind to me, after reading it, was "ulterior." That would lead me to question your motives. :)

I was a little turned off by the terior part at first also. But it does work when you think about it. Its not Interior and its not Exterior but Smarterior. And the fact that people might say... what the heck is Smarterior may actually be a good thing.

Smarterior Designs
Home Automation and Security so you can relax.

Something like that but better. You know I actually think that I hate the name Smarterior because of the way it sounds but I really like the look and its uniqueness.

Do any of you have a hardcore objection to that name. Do you guys really hate it or do you think its just not the best.

I like simplimate also but not as much as I like Smarterior. Maybe something like

SmarterIOR - Smarter Integration Optimization for Relaxation

Work with me here :)

To me, Simplimate sounds like a company in a science fiction movie which provides android significant others to those who want a mate without hassles - no disagreements or arguments, just turn him/her off.

Back