Im sure its simple ...adding a zwave ge wall switch to existing network through ELK SXP

CrossFunction

This has been two week of reading the manuals and trying to add another node/switch to the SXP serial to Levitron zwave controller.
I have an elk M1 gold with the SXP serial controller and the original installer put in 5 zwave switches which work great through eKeyPad and the elk RP for rules, but I really want to add about 3 more GE dimmer and on/off zwave switches to the network, which is easy enough, but im not sure how to know what address the new node is, and how this information is added via the ElkRP. Im using the GE advanced remote to manipulate the zwave network.

1. i have the S8 jumper set to 0 so that it will poll the network (which i suppose updates the list in the m1)
2. Is the elkRP application used to do anything other than name the node at the line item address?
3. Using the keypad, menu 2, lighting, I get odd results when applying rules that used to work before adding this dimmer, as if there are order issues and the named nodes in lighting on the RP are off now.

I have tried to "recover" the network information thru the ge remote, and also did a resend of the information through the remote thinking this would help align my disparate node names.

Is the adding of lights/nodes done in the keypad? Is there an easy way to see the status of the network and what address is currently associated with each zwave network node? After two weeks of ending at dead ends Im seeking someone with a bit more experience than myself. If i cant get a simple switch going i know that Ill really be in deep when i am requested to add the zwave valves for watering the yard.

Thanks in advance.

System is Elk M1g, with SXP serial expander, and ethernet interface, one area and 16 zones.

Well you are first going to need to add your new switchs to your zwave network with a primary controller. I am assuming your GE remote is the primary controller. Then you will have to update the leviton serial controller with the new nodes. Then you will need to go into ElK RP and set the type for each new node and the name lin order for the M1 to recognize it. Then do a resync in Ekeypad. I have all leviton equipment so it is more straight forward but since you have GE equipment and are using a leviton rs 232 serial device it may not be as straight forward maybe someone else has non levition experience that can chime in.

Well you are first going to need to add your new switchs to your zwave network with a primary controller. I am assuming your GE remote is the primary controller. Then you will have to update the leviton serial controller with the new nodes. Then you will need to go into ElK RP and set the type for each new node and the name lin order for the M1 to recognize it. Then do a resync in Ekeypad. I have all leviton equipment so it is more straight forward but since you have GE equipment and are using a leviton rs 232 serial device it may not be as straight forward maybe someone else has non levition experience that can chime in.

Thanks Dog. I believe that the leviton control and ge controls are doing the same things, I just am not sure how the ElkRP knows what nodes (address) goes with what label. It makes sense, and tell me if you agree, that by adding one node to the network and adding the name and voice to the bottom of the Lighting list that this new node would be that address. It had not occured to me to do the resync with EKeypad, but using EKeypad would allow me to test each of the nodes listed and verify the address, so if the outside lights come on when i turn the kitchen on then I can rectify this in ElkRP. Am I on the right track? THx

Back