Installed HAI OmniPro II, need help?

askj

Hi,
    I have just installed HAI OmniPro II with security components (door/window contacts, one keypad, glass breaks, motions, smokes, GE z-wave dimmers and yale z-wave lock). I still have to configure z-wave stuff. I have not yet started any programming or configuring z-wave. I wanted my system to do following.

1. My system should tell me which window/door is open.
2. I want to control my garage door from the HAI.
3. If possible to have cameras linked to HAI without Everfocus DVR. I have existing foscam cameras for inside and I need to buy some cameras for outside.
4. System should be able to send messages to my iPhone for any trouble.

I also need some how to guides.
1. Starting configuration and programming on OmniPro II
2. z-wave configuration and setup

I think if someone can guide me little bit about the guides on how to, I can start there and then may be ask questions later.

Thanks

>  1. My system should tell me which window/door is open.
If you have entered in zone names it will display these on every console when any window, door, or motion detector is not ready. It can also speak this thought speakers if you add a voice board and some speakers.

>  2. I want to control my garage door from the HAI.
You need to add in either a set of 4 or 8 relays that Leviton sells for the Omni Pro II. Hook these relay contacts to your garage door opener button, and then you will be all set.

>  3. If possible to have cameras linked to HAI without Everfocus DVR. I have existing foscam cameras for inside and I need to buy some cameras for outside.
Video really depends on what touchscreens you have, and what your goals are. This can't be answered in a simple sentence.

>  4. System should be able to send messages to my iPhone for any trouble.
The Omni Pro II can't do this directly, but if your system is monitored, that is typically offered by the monitoring company. NextAlarm, for example, does it for free.  If you don't have it monitored, HaikuHelper running on a Mac can do that, and other third-part software like HomeSeerer or CQC can do that if they connect to the panel.

>  1. Starting configuration and programming on OmniPro II
Look at the installation guide for configuring, and the user guide for programming. They should have both been included.
Also, you might want to head to the Worthington Distribution site. They have lots of good free videos on setup and programming.
http://www2.worthingtondistribution.com/university/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=11&osCsid=n79c6cj4rsnpua9nskfg53rpr2

>  2. z-wave configuration and setup
Read the installer's guide, and Worthington has some info as well.

ano said:
Thanks a lot for help.
1. I am considering a voice board for this feature now.
2. I have the relays and a Liftmaster 8550 with 880LM wall control. I tried joining two wires of the wall control to see if it will open the garage door. But it did not, I called liftmaster, but they said It can not be integrated without the rolling codes and encryption etc. What should I do about it now?
3. For the video I want the video to be displayed on android tablet/iPads/iPhones. I read somewhere that if I have a snaplink, then I have to get Everfocus DVR for the HAI/snaplink, But someone mentioned that if you use HAIKU then you can integrate Foscam camera's also?
4. You mentioned that NextAlarm does the texting for free, is it after I take their service or is it that without even taking their service I can have this feature?

ano said:
>  1. My system should tell me which window/door is open.
If you have entered in zone names it will display these on every console when any window, door, or motion detector is not ready. It can also speak this thought speakers if you add a voice board and some speakers.

>  2. I want to control my garage door from the HAI.
You need to add in either a set of 4 or 8 relays that Leviton sells for the Omni Pro II. Hook these relay contacts to your garage door opener button, and then you will be all set.

>  3. If possible to have cameras linked to HAI without Everfocus DVR. I have existing foscam cameras for inside and I need to buy some cameras for outside.
Video really depends on what touchscreens you have, and what your goals are. This can't be answered in a simple sentence.

>  4. System should be able to send messages to my iPhone for any trouble.
The Omni Pro II can't do this directly, but if your system is monitored, that is typically offered by the monitoring company. NextAlarm, for example, does it for free.  If you don't have it monitored, HaikuHelper running on a Mac can do that, and other third-part software like HomeSeerer or CQC can do that if they connect to the panel.

>  1. Starting configuration and programming on OmniPro II
Look at the installation guide for configuring, and the user guide for programming. They should have both been included.
Also, you might want to head to the Worthington Distribution site. They have lots of good free videos on setup and programming.
http://www2.worthingtondistribution.com/university/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=11&osCsid=n79c6cj4rsnpua9nskfg53rpr2

>  2. z-wave configuration and setup
Read the installer's guide, and Worthington has some info as well.

For #2) It is a shame the direction that things have gone, where every company wants to add "value" to products, but in the process they become proprietary and you have to reverse engineer them to get them to work. Ceiling fans have gone this way as well. You just can't control them with an automation switch, now they have to have a remote control which you need to deactivate.

If shorting the wires together doesn't work, then the only solution is to open the switch and hook a relay across the terminals that actually open the garage door, or do the same using a remote control.

For #4) You have to purchase their monitoring to get the emails. If you don't purchase there service, than it would require a PC or Mac to monitor the alarm to send the emails. The panel can't send emails directly.

FWIW, in response to ano's post re ceiling fans:  Simply Automated now offers a UPB 3-speed switch for ceiling fans (UCQF is switch base).  It can be used with a variety of SA faceplates.  You can also have "3-way" operation (i.e., operation of the fan from multiple locations in the home) by using their UCQT "scene controller."  Have not yet installed these, but expect to in next 6 weeks.

If possible to have cameras linked to HAI without Everfocus DVR. I have existing foscam cameras for inside and I need to buy some cameras for outside.

Here using a combination of legacy serial HAI Omnitouch 5.7's and newer (but legacy) HAI Omnitouch 5.7's, HAI Video hub and PCA and NVR (ZoneMinder (http://zoneminder.com)) getting video from all just fine.  Note that I am using both analog and digital IP cameras today.

You should be able to configure the IP cameras just fine with PCA / Omnitouch 5.7E touchscreens. 

The Omnitouch Pro software for Wintel hasn't worked in a couple of years (for cameras).  Personally I do not know if it ever worked.

Back