Installing iPAd Mini with Haiku

BobS0327

I currently have a few legacy 32A00-1 Omni Touchscreens installed.  Circa 2003.  One is starting to fail and I want to replace all of these legacy Touchscreens with an iPad Mini using Haiku.

I'm looking for some suggestions on the best way to install the iPad Minis.  The NEC code indicates that it is illegal to bury an electrical box inside the wall.  So, I believe the only way to  power to the iPad is to run a low voltage wire from the iPad down to the bottom of the wall. Have the LV wire come out of the wall at that point and run it a few more feet to the wall wart which is plugged into a standard wall outlet.

Vertical studs prevent me from running the LV wire inside the wall to the external wall outlet.

IMHO, it doesn't look very professional with visible LV wire running running alongside the wall to the wall wart.

I was thinking about somehow powering the iPad off the original Touchscreen wiring but I'm not knowledgable enough to do that if it is even possible.

Any suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated.

I like the iWallDock with the associated charger option.  It'll work with my existing low voltage wiring.

Thanx

Space (Haiku's successor) will make an even better UI for in-wall installation :) We've put extra effort into making it work well for this purpose.

Back