Insteon 2476ST SwitchLinc Timer V2

upstatemike

Is anybody using the Insteon 2476ST SwitchLinc Timer V2 yet? I was wondering how it works with linked switches and keypads? I know the timer function does not get initiated when the switch is operated remotely by means of a link, but I was wondering what happens when the timer expires and shuts the switch off? Are all linked switches and keypad buttons also set to off so eveything stays in synch?

Hmm, I hadn't seen this one come out, but I will wind up getting one. I am using the V1 version in the bathroom to control a fan (which worked out well).

Just got the word from Smarthome that these will NOT send any status information when the timer expires and shuts off the local load. This means if the switch is linked to a keypad button or companion switch, the keypad button or companion switch LEDs will continue to show the load is on after the timer shuts the load off.

They need to come up with a way to link the Timer to keypad buttons and companion switches so everything stays in sync.

Can't you do that if you are using a software package? By this I mean, if the light is turned on (I'm not sure if tapping the on switch can be read and trigger an event) set a timer in the software and then turn it off n minutes later.

If the turning on of the switch itself does not do that, could a periodic polling be done (is once a minute too intensive? It's insteon so isn't it fast? :()? Then just control it from the software. I could be way off, I've been focusing on the hardware aspects, so I haven't started my fun with software (but I'm quite anxious to get there. Spanky has a few upcoming 'promises' though (touchscreens, insteon, etc) so I'm trying to get all the pieces in place in preparation for them (and then the software fun).

I know it was perfect for how I'm using (keeping a bathroom fan on for 15 minutes (or multiples of that, we will typically tap it a few times when going in). If you want occupancy 'tracking' for lights, you would see the issue you are considering (and the keypad problem).

Just got the word from Smarthome that these will NOT send any status information when the timer expires and shuts off the local load.
That's too bad if that's true because the 23883ST (V1 Switchlinc switch) will provide that status.

Hopefully it is incorrect but here is what I was told:

Mike

From the eng "The SL timer does not send out any commands when it goes off."
- sorry

Duke Chadsey
Vice President of Product Development
Smarthome, Inc.

Back