insteon filter for circuit?

Does anyone make an actual circuit breaker or something like a filterlinc for 15-20amp that I could just install at the breaker box? I have a few circuits that have a bunch of components that interfere with my insteon signals (server room 2x15, fish room 1x15, media cabinet 1x15, garage 1x15, woodworking 2x15) I have a few filterlinc's but i'd need like 30+ to cover everything that could interfere with the signals. I could install a circuit breakout box and have all these circuits in a seperate panel but would still need something to block the signal.

I agree that such a thing would be nice but am 99% sure that none exists.

There are hardwired x-10 filters that will work. It won't be as easy as pulling a breaker and replacing it with a filtered one, but they are rated at 20 amps.

If you are having that many sources of noise causing Insteon communications issues it might be cheaper using another protocol like Zwave or UPB that would probably be more immune to the noise.

Does anyone make an actual circuit breaker or something like a filterlinc for 15-20amp that I could just install at the breaker box? I have a few circuits that have a bunch of components that interfere with my insteon signals (server room 2x15, fish room 1x15, media cabinet 1x15, garage 1x15, woodworking 2x15) I have a few filterlinc's but i'd need like 30+ to cover everything that could interfere with the signals. I could install a circuit breakout box and have all these circuits in a seperate panel but would still need something to block the signal.
try this filter
http://www.x10-switchlinc-smarthome-upb.com/xpf.html
while x10 is 120 khz and insteon is 135 khz the filter should work the same for the noise on the powerline.
It is the best bet at this time for insteon noise.

That filter looks like what I'm looking for. These circuits are in areas of the house that don't use insteon. I've had really good success with insteon so I don't want to move to something else.

The only thing you have to consider is the XPF is large. So you would need a electrical box big enough to hold it.

try this filter
http://www.x10-switchlinc-smarthome-upb.com/xpf.html
while x10 is 120 khz and insteon is 135 khz the filter should work the same for the noise on the powerline.
It is the best bet at this time for insteon noise.

That is exactly what I was talking about. I have one and it works as advertised. I didn't pay that much for it though.

I maxed out all my circuits on my panel and still need to add 3-5 so I'll need a breakout box anyways, I'll just get one with a lot of extra space and put all these circuits with some of those in there. Hopfully I can find them cheaper.

Back