Insteon InLine-Linc Compatible Security Sconce Suggestions Needed

iolaus

Hey all,

I didn't read the SmartHomes forums carefully enough before buying a pair of Heath Zenith Dual-Brite security sconces. As others have apparently experienced, the triac doesn't appear to kick in fully (only reads 6V rather than 120V) unless there is a load on the motion-sensor lead and even then it doesn't properly trigger the IIL Sense feature.

Disappointed, I ran to the hardware store and picked up a Patriot Lighting security sconce (with NO Dual-Brite type feature). This model successfully triggered 120V on the motion-sensor lead, unfortunately, it refused to turn the sensor lead back off unless it had a load on it.

After failure with two different brands of security sconce I'm hoping someone here can suggest a brand/model that is sure to work with my ILL and it's Sense feature. I need something that mounts on the wall (next to my door) and that is fancier looking than your average dual-flood security light.

Thanks all!

I dont use Insteon, so I cant help you with your exact question. but this might take more then the average bear to skin the cat... (are you using a full software or Hardware controller?) maybe do but if you are in for it, you might just wire the light into the inline module, and use a separate motion detector and send the on/off signals from the HW or SW to the inline module.

Back