Insteon SwitchLinc V2 Relay LEDs

johnnynine

I've seen references to this but haven't found a definitive answer.

On an Insteon SwitchLinc V2 Dimmer the LEDs indicate the dimmer level. And even at a ramprate of .1 you can see the LED lights travel all the way up real fast when turning the light on to 100%.

My question is how do the LEDs behave on the SwitchLinc V2 Relay?

Do the middle LEDs ever illuminateor is it just the top one and the bottom one?

Thanks,
Johnny

Hmm, I may have to lok at the ICONS a little more closely.

How much does the ramprate really matter to me. ;)

As mentioned top and bottom on the SwitchLinc V2. The Icon On/Off Switch has ONE Green [now Amber if the web is correct] that is ON when the switch is Off. With NO led active when the switch is on.

Relays can be linked to and used to control dimmer modules as well as their own loads. I would think that the LEDs on a V2 relay wall switch would display the dimmer status of a linked dimmer.

fitzpatri8 said:
Relays can be linked to and used to control dimmer modules as well as their own loads. I would think that the LEDs on a V2 relay wall switch would display the dimmer status of a linked dimmer.
No. You can hold the paddle on a relay switch to raise and lower the level of a linked dimmer and the dimmer lightbar will indicate correctly but only the top and bottom LEDs on the relay will operate.

With the paddle and trim off of the relay model [like when you do a color kit change] shows it only has two LEDs. The Top and Bottom only. All the extra PC Board pads are empty. There is no graphic set of LEDs in it.

Back