Interesting PC clone of the new iMac

Good potential but I wonder what this means?:

Do Cybernet PCs have problems with overheating?
Not at all. We employ a custom thermal solution on all of our products to provide maximum efficiency in reducing heat related issues.

Is it fanless and silent?

Not at all. We employ a custom thermal solution on all of our products to provide maximum efficiency in reducing heat related issues.

Looks like it has fans on the back if you check out some of the other pictures on their site. I don't see how they would be able to run dual core 3.4Ghz CPUs without fans....

Looks like it has fans on the back if you check out some of the other pictures on their site. I don't see how they would be able to run dual core 3.4Ghz CPUs without fans....

I didn't think they could but it would have been nice... My big problem with all "all-in-one" PCs is the noise.

price, OSX doesn't support CQC, MainLobby, and most of the other popular frontend clients.

The iMac would be able to run Windows with Bootcamp, or directly run Windows apps with Parallels etc.

price, OSX doesn't support CQC, MainLobby, and most of the other popular frontend clients.

Sorry, should have been more clear. I meant to say that you could simply run Windows on the iMac.

6-8 months ago I was looking for a tiny, small form factor, quiet & cool PC to run under my kitchen counter. I looked at all the various PC models, but ended up with the Mac Mini becuase even with the extra $120 or so for Vista, they were all almost comparable in price. And I found the Mac Mini to be engineered better as far as aesthetics (which didn't matter much because it's under my counter) and cooling.

I didn't compare the pricing in detail between this and the iMac, but the range looks similar. I wonder if it's the same type of situation.

The touchscreen on this is nice, though.

6-8 months ago I was looking for a tiny, small form factor, quiet & cool PC to run under my kitchen counter. I looked at all the various PC models, but ended up with the Mac Mini...

How quiet is the iMac? Does it have fans in it?

6-8 months ago I was looking for a tiny, small form factor, quiet & cool PC to run under my kitchen counter. I looked at all the various PC models, but ended up with the Mac Mini...

How quiet is the iMac? Does it have fans in it?

I've seen them at my local Apple store, and haven't noticed any fan noise. Can't say I was specifically looking for it though.

From what I understand based on reviews I have read, they are extremely quiet.

I've been looking a Mini-PCs lately also; here are a couple I'm considering:

ewayco has several lower-cost tiny computers, in particular this $99.00 PC looks interesting.

Also, according to this article, Data Evolution has a sub $100 pc.

Both of these are low speed ~200-400 MHz computers, but if you have a low-overhead touch client like Housebot's (what I'm using), it's more than enough. For those with more demanding clients, you could use these a RDP clients (remote desktop, MS terminal server, etc.) as some are doing with the Nokia 770s back to a faster box.

If I can convince the "Chief Financial Officer" ;) that we need a non-budgeted expenditure for R&D, I'll pick up one of these...

Terry

Back