IP Camera Suggestions Please

iolaus

I'm starting to search for a few cameras to add to my system and I'd love to get some suggestions.

First, the relevant info. I'm looking for:

Environment: Day/Night
Connection: PoE
Resolution: More is better
Onboard Storage: Nice but not necessary
External Storage: Needs to push to NAS
PTZ: Not Necessary
Automation: Ability to integrate with Elve either via http commands or custom driver (which I could write if necessary)
Price: $100-$300

Any help, tips, suggestions, etc are welcome. Please let me know if there is any relevant data that I've left out.

Thanks!

For that low price range, have you looked at FOSCAM? I know there's others - there have been some recent threads about this lately.

I was looking at this samsung system that is all ethernet cables.

http://www.soltechsecurity.com/Product/Detail/90/Samsung-SDE-5001N-16-Channel-DVR-Security-System?gclid=CMTs9tuYkrICFbQNOgodiR8AJw

cameras and dvr included. On sale now at costco. It is not super high resolution but would work up close or for a store, if you are looking at getting an idea of what the hell happened the other night... :) I doubt it would work to identify faces or license plates unless the camera was closer to the issue at hand.

In order to get a really good IP camera (HD) to get facial recognition at a good distance, I was told you needed a 1.2 megapixel camera, min of $500 each, without DVR or software i think.

I have a lot of Acti cameras, some Panasonic and one Axis camera. I'm pretty impressed with the Panasonic cameras. But I would say they would be at the upper end if not over by $200 of your budget.

One thing I will say is that you shouldn't expect much recognition outside of you viewing it - unless you're prepared to drop a lot more money. At night, flicker rate drops dramatically making it nearly impossible to identify a face. With 10 cameras going, I reserve about 12TB for roughly 35 days of continuous recording and clips.

Anyway, considering purchasing on eBay. Try the Panasonic IP cameras, just not the cheap white ones (I have one and it's horrible). Something like this one. The resolution isn't impressive, but the picture is. I can post some pictures if you would like to see the difference between the Panasonics and higher resolution cameras.

Has anyone had experience with the Compro IP90P? Seems like it may be a decent candidate. I'll take a look at the FOSCAM, Samsung, and Panasonic lines as suggested as well.

Almost any of the M or P series domes.

We have somewhere around 400 216FD's and 225FD's on one site, with another 200-300 of them on another site. Unfortunately they made them obsolete, mainly due to the codec's and bandwidth, so their replacements are what we're picking up now, think they're like 33XX series units. They just seem to work and we have very little issues, some NIC's going bad and image chips, but in the overall size of the integrations we work on, trivial and to be expected.

If my budget is $600.00 what AXIS IP DOME camera would you recommend for outdoor

I have used one of these for years, I love it. I bought two more to use at a new house I'm building

Pelco DD53CBW Spectra III Color / B&W Dome Security Camera - Used inside a PELCO III dome

Look at the specs on this camera, it killer stuff

What about an ip camera for outside. I was looking at http://www.aartech.ca/IP9722-ip-outdoor-megapixel-bullet.html.

Any feedback/suggestions. I heard bad reviews about foscam regarding quality picture at night and the reaction time for the camera to capture moving object. Several people expressed receiving a picture from their foscam device with no object on it because the reaction time was too slow

Back