Is there a device out there for z-wave or intseon that is an in-wall (can seal it behind the drywall

ghurty

Is there a device out there for z-wave or intseon that is an in-wall (can seal it behind the drywall) on/off control?

Thanks

Is there a device out there for z-wave or intseon that is an in-wall (can seal it behind the drywall) on/off control?

Thanks

Not sure about ZWave, but Insteon has a few models. Here's one of them: http://www.automatedoutlet.com/Home/Insteon_old/2475S

Be carefull to check the eletrical code for what you want to do. The way i read your post you may have a concern. I might have misunderstood what your intentions are though.

Basically any junction box or device has to remain accessible.

Be carefull to check the eletrical code for what you want to do. The way i read your post you may have a concern. I might have misunderstood what your intentions are though.

Basically any junction box or device has to remain accessible.

Yes, i was worried about that. Thanks for pointing it out.

This Z-Wave fixture module might work for you: http://store.homeseer.com/store/Evolve-LFM-20-Z-Wave-Relay-Fixture-Module-P1007.aspx

I'm pretty sure you'll want to install it into a fixture box and secure the box to a stud. As was already mentioned, check for local code issues.

Evolve's FM-20 fixture relay module will work for you. However, if you are putting in a junction box and it is within code you can same some money by putting in one an Intermatic CA3000. Even though you wouldn't be able use the rocker (as it will be behind drywall) the device will function like a fixture relay module.

That being said, the only other thing to note about the FM-20 is that it is capable of repeating the encrypted Z-Wave signal that door locks require. If you are planning on using any Z-Wave door locks I would stick to the FM-20.

Another approach is to use Leviton's 4 button zone controller with switch. Then, depending on your software, you can define what each button can do within your system. Best of all, the switch acts as a virtual node and need not be bound to any of the 4 zones.

Back