ISY994 and Elk M1

gmcbride

I have an ElkM1 with ISY994 controlling several Insteon 2477D dimmers. It has all been working great for years. Recently, when an ON command is sent from an Elk programmed command or even through the ElkToGo software, the dimmer ramps to full ON as expected, but then immediately ramps down to 50%.
They all work normally from the ISY control panel.

They all work normally from Google assistant.
Any Ideas?

A similar problem had occurred few years back, and I remember there's a way to check the logs which will let us know the issue.

Try a PLM restore. Also, how old is the PLM. There is a know issue with some of the older ones that can cause odd behavior.

FWIW, I recently upgraded from an old ISY99 to the ISY994, which shipped with firmware 5.3.0. After I installed it, several of my Elk-controlled dimmers were only getting set to a fraction of the dim level as specified in the Elk rules - and not 50% vs 100%, but (for example) set to 22% when the Elk rule specified 45%. ISY event log showed the lower (incorrect) dim values, but I was pretty sure that the Elk was sending the correct values because I hadn't touched anything on the Elk side. All had been working properly with the old ISY99 for years. Like the poster above, I also noticed the reference to the problem being fixed in 5.3.1. I upgraded the ISY994 to version 5.3.4, and now everything is working properly again.

Back