Keypad Disarm Beep

rfdesq

If I disarm the ELK M1 with the telephone remote the keypad doesn't beep. Why can't there be a switch/choice that will silence the disarm beep even when I use the keypad itself?

Currently the only way to stop the keypad beeps on disarm is to turn the beep volume down, but this will turn the volume down on all beeps.

The M1 controls when the keypads beep.

Spanky,

Please think about this for future updates. I'm trying not to awaken the girlfriend when I get up early. Also, the dogs are learning what the beeps mean and their Pavlovian response makes them crazy. I guess the work around for now is to get to a telephone and disarm that way but the ultimate would be to tell the M1 when it's dark not to beep a disarm.

rfdesq said:
Spanky,

Please think about this for future updates. I'm trying not to awaken the girlfriend when I get up early. Also, the dogs are learning what the beeps mean and their Pavlovian response makes them crazy. I guess the work around for now is to get to a telephone and disarm that way but the ultimate would be to tell the M1 when it's dark not to beep a disarm.
And with this, and probably more versatile is the ability to control sounds via rules.

I still hope that someday the M1 would allow me to control the volume of Out1 via rules. It is impossible to find a volume that can bear clearly understood during the day and does not beat you out of your bed during the night. The same would apply with the keypad beeps. However, I can live with control for OUT1 only.

Independent on/off of various HA announcements throughout the house is one of the main reasons I'm installing 4 cheap Elk speakers each on their own output. That way I can use Elk/CQC rules to turn various ones on/off based on time-of-day/etc, and a CQC screen for manual rule override purposes.

elcano said:
I still hope that someday the M1 would allow me to control the volume of Out1 via rules. It is impossible to find a volume that can bear clearly understood during the day and does not beat you out of your bed during the night. The same would apply with the keypad beeps. However, I can live with control for OUT1 only.
I would like to add 1 very loud squeek for this. I ran into this today where 'my customer' is using chimes and hence keeps volume at a rather low level, but the doorbell is also hooked up via the Elk Doorbell detector and the problem is with the volume set low for chimes, the doorbell announcement may not be heard over tv's that the kids turn up loud.

It would be great if I could say something like:

WHENEVER Doorbell is NOT SECURE
Set Output1 volume to 6
Speak....

WHENEVER Doorbell is SECURE
Set Output1 volume to 2

SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK !!!

Or, Whenever TV or dishwasher is On (danm noisy dishwasher :D ). Or just whenever day vs. night. Or whenever ARMED NIGHT.

I also use my M1 as a wake-up alarm (together with lightning). So it would be great to get the first wake-up call with a nice low volume message and get subsequent calls at louder volumes.

There are so many applications!

SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK !!!

elcano said:
I also use my M1 as a wake-up alarm (together with lightning).
Wow - that is cool! How do you generate your own lightning? Does it interfere with your system at all? Electron apparently tried to do this and it didn't work out so good for him. Please detail how you do this safely, I could use it to wake my kid up since nothing else seems to work.

:D :) :p :(

You gotta love typos!

Steve said:
elcano said:
I also use my M1 as a wake-up alarm (together with lightning).
Wow - that is cool! How do you generate your own lightning? Does it interfere with your system at all? Electron apparently tried to do this and it didn't work out so good for him. Please detail how you do this safely, I could use it to wake my kid up since nothing else seems to work.

:D :) :p :(

You gotta love typos!
I do the samething with my system.... Useing UPB

WHENEVER time is 6:10AM
THEN turn on Moring Link
THEN Announce Say Time

My bed room lights come on with a 2 min fade........works great

Back