Learn IR function of HTX2 not responding in AS

compuryan

I have two devices that do not seem to exist in HAI's IR database. I am trying to learn the IR codes but so far I'm not getting anywhere. The manual for the HTX states that the status LED flashes when it is in learning mode but when I create a new component and new function then click Learn IR, the LED doesn't flash on the HTX and no amount of holding down the button on the remote makes anything change in AS. Also about 20% of the time, clicking Learn IR causes AS to crash ("AutomationStudio has encountered a problem and needs to close").

I'm sorry about all these posts but I'm about to be leaving home soon for several months and I want to leave everyone with a functioning system. Unfortunately despite following the instructions in all the manuals to the letter, all these unnecessary difficulties are coming up and it's getting frustrating.

Thanks,

Ryan

Just to provide further information, I have no difficulties with my two HTX units controlling the devices I have that HAI does have in the IR database. But neither HTX will Learn an IR code at all.

Try resetting the HTX to factory default. To do so, press the Reset button for about 10 seconds:

- after 5 seconds the Status LED will illuminate
- after 10 seconds, the Status LED will turn off

After the reset, configure the network settings (if necessary), and then try to learn in an IR code.

Just got off a call with a excellent technical service tech at HAI-Lutron and what I had to do different is place the IR remote about 0.25 inches or 3 mm from the ir5 learn receiver on the HTX2 device.  This fixed my problem and I hope it helps you.

Back