Leviton VRCOP VS Mi Casa Verde Vera Lite

Looking to setup ZWAVE in my system, after doing research I can't understand why the VRCOP and the USB installer stick price is so high when you can buy a Vera controller with so many more features for less money. Has any figured out a way for the Vera to talk to Omni?

When the Zwave locks first came out HAI was using the Vera to control them from their panel. Not sure how they did it because I had no need to know but you should ask one of the HAI guys if they still have the write up on it.
I looked but couldn't find it since the VRC0P controls the locks now.

My guess would be they did it through one of the "e" touchscreens.

The HA switches will cost significantly more than controller, so IMHO you will have to first like the switches. It really comes down to what kind of HA switches match your personal preference and integrate well with current system (i.e., don't constantly require babysitting and intense troubleshooting).

If you are using a VRC0P/VRUSB to control a few non-Leviton devices, you could probably use a Vera. You’re basically paying for the tight integration with entire selection of Leviton load controllers. I just added a four button scene controller last month, and RF Installer Toolkit was able to help setup all the scenes and associations.

For an Omni system, you might be better using HAI switches. If you require lock support, maybe Zigbee locks are a better alternative for HAI.

Back