Little Windows Help Please

Still no luck. I think it is just something I will have to deal with till the next fresh install.

I do know:

- it has nothing to do with screensaver requiring a password to exit (Screensavers are totally disabled).

- I can't find anything in the administrative tools.

- The computer is on the same domain it has been for a long time.

- It is not a remote desktop issue.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, at least I dont feel so stupid now for not being able to find it. Its tough when you are at the "Top of the food chain" when it comes to computers with friends and family. That leaves me no one but you guys to run stuff like this by :)

Rupp, I thought of that as well, but this has happened about a month ago, and I have done a lot of changes in the past month, none of which "should" have caused this to happen.

It is a very difficult thing to search for, even for a searcher who can usually find anything, as the keywords are so generic.

When I installed an external Maxtor hard drive and Retrospect software it did this to me. Annoying to login each time when there's only one account, one user. Their tech support was clueless and no help getting rid of it. It was definitely something in the registry...couldn't change it anywhere as tried all of the above. I did the rollback 'cause wasn't much else to lose. I just plugged in the hard drive and used without the software. I hate it when hardware takes over your registry. Sorry no help in fixing it, but maybe a clue to what caused it.

Back