• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Looking for cable armor and crawlspace motions

Change

Looking for two things...

1) We have some 1/4" (ish) flexible armor conduit for door actuator and prox reader cables, with some nifty fittings to screw into our metal doorframes. Any ideas where I can find more of these?

2) We want to put some motion sensors into our crawlspaces above the office false ceiling, so I need some motion sensors with a wide but fairly flat focus beam. Should I just get a normal motion, block off the look-down, and angle it up some, or is there a sensor that would work well for this application?

Thanks!

BraveSirRobbin

I agree with Steve. I'm a big fan of the Visonic "Clip" motion detectors and have a curtain that is a very narrow beam.

Look at THIS specification listing where they even have an example beam profile figure of what I believe you are looking for (figure 7, first page).

I can't remember where I got them as it was over three years ago, but either Automated Outlet or Worthingtons (not a big fan of Worthingtons, but hey, they are local here ;) ).

Change

Aha, "curtain" is the magic word :lol: Thanks! Looks like AutomatedOutlet, Home Security Store, and even Amazon carry them.

Change

Ok, so I still can't find the cable armor. Took some measurements, we need 5/16" outer diameter stainless steel flexible conduit. Where does one order that, not in mass quantities?