LSG LED Bulb Recall - Important

I found a You Tube video of a Sylvania LED bulb failing.
Looks like my recalled Ecosmart.
I added the link in my UDI Forms post. As I seem to be restricted from adding the link here.

You should be able to post links, you have no restrictions (PM me the error etc if you want me to figure this out).

I am guessing it is a time based issue, where it needs to hit a certain # of hours before failure occurs.  Many companies rely on stress testing in a simulated way, which does cover many potential scenarios, but not something like material fatigue afaik.  Either way, very disappointing, but it only takes 1 big player to screw up like this to spoil it for everyone else.

I have none of these but I do have some other types from the same company that I am trying out for my ceiling down lights. I hope they are OK.

I have to be honest. I almost expect this anymore from any company. Never have I seen more consumer Beta testing with products than I have seen in the last 5 to 7 years. The issue is the fact that the bulbs are failing. The way the problem is handled by the manufacturer will make or break this scenario.

Just got a reply to my on line form.
They will be emailing me a UPS return label.
Then will send replacements. After receiving the old ones back.

BLH said:
Just got a reply to my on line form.
They will be emailing me a UPS return label.
Then will send replacements. After receiving the old ones back.

Interesting. So what are you supposed to do, buy incandescents for the interim?

They should be fronting the bulbs.

My opinion of LSG just went down another level.

Got my email with the UPS return label this afternoon.
Indicated if I needed a box to use the one the replacements where sent in. Though it didn't say replacements where sent.

Received two replacement bulbs this afternoon.
Hope to test them tomorrow.
New ones are from their Mexican assembly plant not China.
Old ones boxed up and used the prepaid label I got in an email.
May drop at the UPS Store tomorrow.
New ones are their Definity brand. Same as the OEM EcoSmart from Home Depot.

Back