Lutron RadioRA 2 for DIY (replacing Insteon)?

Wow,
You found someone who'll give you the software?
That's a MAJOR plus. .. I'm going to do a retrofit but have some
concerns about Ra2. .
Where are you located?

Hi all, I am in the process of deciding what to put into my home that is under construction. Sounds like there are plenty of pluses for radio ra2.

I had a rep come out and he was more than willing to give me a copy of the software with an order. They are supposed to have an iPhone app out this summer.

I'm waiting on his quote and will bargain with him if necessary to get a good price. If others can sell it for cheaper most likely he can too!!
I'll post more info as I get it.

Good Luck to all!

I'm in Little Rock, AR. He didn't sound like it was big deal at all - I didn't even ask - he just offered!
What are the concerns?

-Rusty

Wow,
concerns about Ra2. .
Where are you located?

Well hell. I'm in fort smith. I actually found a guy in Tulsa today who said he'd give me the software.
What kind of prices are you being quoted?
Mjm

[Qquote name='Rustycoon' date='Apr 21 2010, 02:24 PM' post='137683']
I'm in Little Rock, AR. He didn't sound like it was big deal at all - I didn't even ask - he just offered!
What are the concerns?

-Rusty

Wow,
concerns about Ra2. .
Where are you located?

Cool! Attached is the nuts n bolts I got today. I'm sure interested to know if you've seen better pricing anywhere. I had a little sticker shock when i saw it!
-Rusty
ra2_quote.jpg

Well hell. I'm in fort smith. I actually found a guy in Tulsa today who said he'd give me the software.
Mjm

What are the concerns?

-Rusty

Wow,
concerns about Ra2. .
Where are you located?

Wow, Rustycoon, that's pretty cool.

At first glance, those look pretty cheap.

How much will he charge for installation? Most installers would charge closer to MSRP, to make some on the hardware sale.

Did he give you a diagram of the house, showing where each would be needed? If he didn't, then make sure you need each of those devices.

I think those prices are pretty good honestly
I'm doing much of the same things. . no Pico in mine though
I think I have 22-25 loads total.
I await my quote as I'm typing. The dealer said some time this morning.
I'll keep you posted.
Jered

Cool! Attached is the nuts n bolts I got today. I'm sure interested to know if you've seen better pricing anywhere. I had a little sticker shock when i saw it!
-Rusty
View attachment 3273

Mjm

What are the concerns?

-Rusty

Wow,
concerns about Ra2. .
Where are you located?

My quote was from a lighting dealer that my electrician works with. Electrician will install and setup with my help. I had provided him with a lighting plan and number of switches required. My quick look around showed that they were decent prices when I compared them to some online dealers. I'm going to look a little more to make sure I'm getting the best deal. I'm glad to have your input on the pricing. I am most likely going to modify my design slightly though to make things a a bit cheaper!!

I'll PM you the contact info for the company.
Where are you in your project?
-Rusty

Wow, Rustycoon, that's pretty cool.

At first glance, those look pretty cheap.

How much will he charge for installation? Most installers would charge closer to MSRP, to make some on the hardware sale.

Did he give you a diagram of the house, showing where each would be needed? If he didn't, then make sure you need each of those devices.

Looking forward to it Jered!

I think those prices are pretty good honestly
I'm doing much of the same things. . no Pico in mine though
I think I have 22-25 loads total.
I await my quote as I'm typing. The dealer said some time this morning.
I'll keep you posted.
Jered

After our conversation I found a dealer in Tulsa who'll give me the software.
I'm interested to know how many loads you have, etc. Well more specifically,what kind
Of things are you going to do with the ra2? Any astronomical clock stuff?
Mjm

^^^^^

At some point there will most likely be a european version that will work with 220-240V. As to when it will be available, no idea. Plus it might use non-US licensed frequencies.

RadioRa2 will have a vacation mode according to the reps which will be added in a future version of the RA2 Essentials software.

No european voltage RA2 is currently planned. It is being considered.

I too am looking into installing RadioRA2 in my house. Currently asked for dealers in my area (South FL) to see if any will provide a good quote. Pricing I saw above looks pretty good especially if they provide you with software! :)

I'm gonna be integrating Sivoia QS shades so need to find a great dealer who can help me out with that. Hopefully I can get lucky just like you did :)
From what I read integration of shades requires RadioRA2 Inclusive package, so a level 2 installer is a must.

I will let you know :)

I too am looking into installing RadioRA2 in my house. Currently asked for dealers in my area (South FL) to see if any will provide a good quote. Pricing I saw above looks pretty good especially if they provide you with software! :)

I'm gonna be integrating Sivoia QS shades so need to find a great dealer who can help me out with that. Hopefully I can get lucky just like you did :)
From what I read integration of shades requires RadioRA2 Inclusive package, so a level 2 installer is a must.

I will let you know :)

I believe RA thermostats are in the pipeline

Back