M1G voice/siren, announcements congifs

bucko

I am getting more confused as I find and read more threads about the M1 connections for voice/siren and announce functions. Please someone help me get this all correct before I end up buying stuff I don't need.

Goals- I want to have the M1 be able to announce various status messages, weather, etc. I also need it to sound sirens and give voice alerts during alarms, arming/dis arming, troubles, etc. Then I need to have custom announcements like door bell rings then say ...., or verify when it gets commands like light functions, sound or TV's on or off, etc. I want to make my own customs sounds (Elk 129 & 124) for use. I need some announcements in CHinese.

Equip planned- M1 GOld, Russound CAV6, Elk-124, eLK-129, eLK-m1twa, Elk-930 (2), M1RB, M1XOR, M1XEP, M1XIN (2)

DO I also need the Elk-110? DO I need seperate speakers for the Elk alarm functions even though I will have Russound and speakers in several rooms? Can the audio speakers also serve as announce speakers? What about the siren speakers?

As I said, the more I study threads and Elk docs, the more I suspect I do not know how all this works out. Anybody here already have this set up? Please help me to get this correct.

What I can say is the elk speakers connected to the M1 (output 2 I think) can not speak custom messages, only the ones created in RP. Now one thein that has been done is to connect this output via relay or other method to a whole house audio system, along with a computer and use the TTS in your HA system to generate the other messages

Back