M1TWA volume way too low?

bucko

Using an M1TWA to send output 1 announces to SP12F's in my Kypd's I've run into volume issues. 

I have the globals set (vol maxed), TWA pot max and connected a single SP12F . My voice volume is very very low.

If I take the same SF12F and connect it to OUT 1, it works normally and is loud or whatever I adj it to in the RP.

Why is the TWA's volume so low? I thought I can use it for this purpose.

You are talking about Elk announcements going to the keypads, right?  Not external input routed through the Elk to the speakers?

Have you checked your programming rules to make sure nothing is controlling output 10?  

I use the M1TWA for CQC voice announcements based on a couple of posts I found here, and one of them notes that the speakers connected to the M1TWA are muted until Output 10 turns on, which, according to Elk, is done automatically whenever the M1G has the listen-in feature enabled and needs to make an announcement.  So is there something that is preventing output 10 from turning on?

Also, do you have the two way listen in box checked and the volume for two way speakers high enough on the Globals 29-42 tab?

Good luck...

TurboSam said:
You are talking about Elk announcements going to the keypads, right?  Not external input routed through the Elk to the speakers?

Have you checked your programming rules to make sure nothing is controlling output 10?  

I use the M1TWA for CQC voice announcements based on a couple of posts I found here, and one of them notes that the speakers connected to the M1TWA are muted until Output 10 turns on, which, according to Elk, is done automatically whenever the M1G has the listen-in feature enabled and needs to make an announcement.  So is there something that is preventing output 10 from turning on?

Also, do you have the two way listen in box checked and the volume for two way speakers high enough on the Globals 29-42 tab?

Good luck...
I am connecting 1 SP12 to the M1TWA. I have globals 29-42 set for listen in and volume at 6. The M1TWA vol is on full.
Output 10 is not being used anywhere except I have a jumper from J16 out (M1TWA) going to my M1RB. I can see the M1RB relay turn on when the announcement starts.

IF I connect the SP12 directly to Out 1, the volume is correct. Only through the M1TWA is it very low. An Elk 73 connected there is much louder, but it's not "in yer face" loud by any means.

Any other idea??? 

Have you tried the SP12 on all three outputs on the M1TWA?  Maybe one of the internal circuits or amps is dead...

Also, and at the risk of being obvious (or insulting you), 1) do you have the speaker polarity correct, 2) are you connecting to the the speaker output and not mic input, and 3) do you have volume on the M1TWA full on and not full off (I'd suggest midpoint to be safe)?

I got it figured out. I made a patch cable to connect from the M1TWA at J7 to go to my Elk-124. That was a no-no. After I disconnected it, sound volume returned.

But this begs another question. I would like the Elk 124 to announce through my M1TWA speaker zones. Is this possible? Do I need to use a relay and rules to switch from Output 1 sounds and the Elk 124? I need both Elk system announcements AND also use some of my custom sounds (at different times).

Ideas??

Back