M1XSLZW - loss of ZWave control

mghan

Hello all,

I have an all Leviton Vizia RF+ system with 50+ dimmers, switches, scene controllers, Trane Tstat, eKeypad etc. My M1 (5.2.10 firmware) is equipped with the M1XSLZW (81.0.4) and VRCOP 3+ (updated to the Nov2012 firmware).

Every week or two, I lose control of my ZWave network. I can still interact with the M1 and it thinks it is controlling the VRCOP (i.e. turn on a light and its status changes, rules can trigger, etc). Nothing unusual is reported in the M1 logs.

I have searched here extensively and am aware that some VRCOPs lockup occasionally. The fix appears to power-cycle the VRCOP.

Unfortunately, that does not correct my issue. I've tried re-enrolling.

The only way I can recover is to cycle power on my M1. Next time this occurs I'll use HyperTerminal to diagnose both the M1XSLZW and VRCOP.

Lastly, I don't recall ever seeing a firmware update for the M1XSLZW - it's not listed on Elk's site nor does it appear in ElkRP2.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding M1XSLZW lockup issue and/or its latest firmware?

TIA,
Mike

I have a system similar to yours. Just recently my zwave locks quit working through Elk. Then the lights started getting flakey. I just had the XSLZW replaced and everything is working again. Could be you have a unit that went bad also.

Yes, it seems likely the XSLZW it the culprit. Replacing it may be the path of least resistance.

Thanks for the feedback,
Mike

I've had the XSLZW+VRC0P for about 4 months without issue. I installed a 2GIG CT100 on my network and it wasn't responding correctly (mirroring commands), after a call to my friendly distributor I found out that the VRC0P had a firmware update in Nov(?) to fix a couple of issues, and the CT100 was one of them. I updated the firmware (what a pain*) and the CT100 started working properly.  Since the firmware upgrade I've had some 'odd' behavior (not responding to some triggers etc.) but wasn't able to pinpoint it. Just this Tuesday I experienced a total lockup of the Zwave network. All my thermostats were reading 50 and didn't respond properly to commands sent to them.

I did a complete M1 shutdown and it fixed the problem, I keep on top of monitoring my network (always fiddling with thermostats remotely) and will report future lockups - but there is definately a bug somewhere causing irratic behavior. 

*re: programming firmware - you MUST do it over a true rs232 connection.  USB2RS232 converters just don't work.  Crazy how hard it is to find a true RS232 port anymore, had to go deep into the dinosaurs in the basement to find one.

Back