Elk M1XSLZW stops responding after about 1 week?

relay

Hi everyone.
I am having some trouble with an Elk M1XSLZW Z-Wave serial expander and was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what the problem might be.
When it was first installed, it worked fine for several months but it has not been working for a few months.  If I disconnect power while the system is powered on, it will reset and everything works fine for a week or so but then I get a message on the M1KP that there is a serial expander problem and it will not longer be able to send or receive serial commands.
For info:  Elk M1, firmware 5.2.10 (just upgraded today from 5.2.4 I think it was)
M1XSLZW  hardware ver 11.1 , boot ver 3.0.0 and firmware 81.0.4 showing "For Leviton VRCOP3+ ...."

I also have 2 other serial expanders:  M1XSP for HAI Omnistat and I have the special ELK-M1PCSPIM  for UPB.
The HAI is on address 1, the Zwave is on 2 and the UPB is on 7 which is where it is required to be I believe.  Both the HAI and UPB interfaces work fine and are relatively rock solid.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting?  I have checked the serial bus and it looks fine with no loose connections anywhere.  I have double checked serial length and that is not even 30% of max.  I used solid core CAT 5 and twisted 1 pair together for each connection, i.e. both orange wires to provide power +.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Back