M1XSP Serial Port Expander software upgrade

Spanky

ELK Products, Inc. announces a software upgrade for the M1XSP Serial Port Expander with the following changes:

This software upgrade is available from the m1dealer.elkproducts.com website.

Jan 16, 2007 - M1XSP New application firmware (Std. ver. 1.0.40)

Changes effective with this new application firmware:
1. UPB -PIM- module - Made an adjustment to the 4,800 baud rate register to accomodate the latest Pulseworks
UPB -PIM- (Programming Interface Module) version 5.42 or later. An incompatibility was discovered with the
Pulseworks PIM when they updated their firmware.
2. Transmitting ASCII Text Strings - Found and corrected an issue with the generic serial expander mode which
caused the last transmitted text string to be repeated every 30 seconds.
3. Dynalite Lighting Mode - Found and corrected an issue in the Dynalite mode. Per Dynalite a dim level of 1% is the
same as OFF. However, when M1 set a light to 1% level the Dynalite light was going to 100%.
4. Missing Thermostat Commands - Reported instances of the M1XSP missing thermostat commands sent from the
M1. Made a slight modification to the received characters function to improve the reliability of these commands.
5. Thermostat Offline Reporting - The M1XSP now requires 3 consecutive missed responses to a thermostat poll
command before it will report the thermostat as “off line” to the M1 control.

I tried 1.0.40 on my M1XSP's, when they are connected to a W800 RX it hangs
(won't pass though the command, although the LED blinks) after one
command. I did have an occasional hang with 1.0.36 that could be cleared with a power cycle of the M1G.

I am considering going back to 1.0.26 to see if that works OK.

I returned to 1.0.36 and still have the occasional hang.

It might be noted that the system has been working fine for almost 2 years now. The only problem
has been with the latest M1XSP firmware.

I do have the latest firmware in the M1G.

Cliff s

The update to 1.0.40 also broke my W800. I didn't realize it until I found this posting. I went back to 1.0.24 and it started working again. Can this be addressed in the next update?

Joe

I tried 1.0.40 on my M1XSP's, when they are connected to a W800 RX it hangs
(won't pass though the command, although the LED blinks) after one
command. I did have an occasional hang with 1.0.36 that could be cleared with a power cycle of the M1G.

It might be noted that the system has been working fine for almost 2 years now. The only problem
has been with the latest M1XSP firmware.

I do have the latest firmware in the M1G.

Cliff s

I thought this thread is new and has been started like today or yesterday (I wasn't here because of the weekend vocation). After I saw this thread that bought up by rjsmith0, I went into M1 Dealer's website, saw the firmware, and the firmware date makes me think that it's "old news," so I went back to the thread I visited previously and saw the date the thread has been posted and I didn't pay attention to that in the first place.

I know I'm not the moderator, but please--can we let this thread die down or state it otherwise?

Thanks.

Actually, I think it's a valid post. I have the W800RF myself, and was thinking about upgrading my M1 hardware. But thanks to the bump, I realized that there might be a W800RF related bug, so I am happy I caught this post before upgrading.

I tried 1.0.40 on my M1XSP's, when they are connected to a W800 RX it hangs (won't pass though the command, although the LED blinks) after one

It might be noted that the system has been working fine for almost 2 years now. The only problem has been with the latest M1XSP firmware.
The update to 1.0.40 also broke my W800. I didn't realize it until I found this posting. I went back to 1.0.24 and it started working again. Can this be addressed in the next update?

Is this W800 issue fixed in current 1.0.42 XSP code?

Ok, I just pulled the trigger and upgraded all my components. It looks like my DS10A's are still reporting in OK, but my palmpad and other regular X10 RF remotes are no longer functional. Any idea what the cause is?

After doing some more testing, it looks like it does work. Somehow, some of my rules didn't survive the transfer, but manual testing shows my palmpad/wall switch does work, so false alarm. Sorry about that.

Or maybe there is a problem after all LOL!

I have no problem triggering tasks with any of my X10-RF devices, but when using an X10 RF device which has the button mapped to match the device code, it doesn't seem to work. I.e. I have a UPB switch on 50 (D2), and an Ultra Slim Stick a Switch (SS13A) with the first button being D2 as well. Before the upgrade, this would work perfectly fine, being able to control D2/device 50 without having to create a rule. Now it doesn't seem to work anymore. Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks!

I downgraded the XSP in question back to 1.0.16, and I am still having this issue. My only guess now is that it is an issue with the M1 firmware itself, but I am not sure how I can even debug this.

Back