Mar 10, 2019 - Daylight Saving Time Starts

pete_c

Guru
When local standard time is about to reach

Sunday, March 10, 2019, 2:00:00 am clocks are turned forward 1 hour to
Sunday, March 10, 2019, 3:00:00 am local daylight time instead.

Sunrise and sunset will be about 1 hour later on Mar 10, 2019 than the day before.

There will be more light in the evening.

Also called Spring Forward, Summer Time, and Daylight Savings Time.

time.jpg

Here and personally to me and related to automation correct time is important.  My OmniPro 2 panel time works fine here.  I have seen issues with new widgets that have issues still today automagically changing time. 

From out of the few dozen clocks I use I only have two left that don't self set themselves.

Interestingly in Australia, most observe spring ahead and fall back also, but their clocks will go back when ours go ahead and vice versa.

Some locales have discarded the daylight savings time changes and stay permanently one way or the other. Apparently the scheme to save electrical energy by the utilities never actually worked.

Are there really some that haven't upgraded to metric time yet?

Not if you have an ELK running Caddix firmware... if so it started two days ago.... 

Some HA systems can have trouble with handling this time jog.

If you have a time delay of 10 minutes, relative, it should be pretty easy to handle but if you had a time loop to check a 24 heartbeat every 9:00 AM problems can be created by extending or shortening the time for an extra hour.

Yeah here two HS3 servers running on Ubuntu 18.04 Linux changed time at around 7 PM yesterday while the system time was correct on these two computers.

Time sync here is via PFSense GPS with PPS NTP server.  NTP server here here was utilized in the late 1990's.

Back